• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just had a guy Flake on a trade deal. Lesson learned, communicate with anyone you don't know by PM.

Then the rules need to change.

You're still dealing with the same person. And if the number is clearly visible in the PM, then the negotiations continued, and agreed upon in text, the NEGATIVE SHOULD STICK!

Screenshots can be too easily faked. 99% of the members have no issues with the iTrader rules. Work within them and you'll be fine. You seem to be doing OK with more than 82 so far.

Then the rules need to change.

You're still dealing with the same person. And if the number is clearly visible in the PM, then the negotiations continued, and agreed upon in text, the NEGATIVE SHOULD STICK!

It will not stick. The reason is that what happens on this site, through posts or PMs is the only way to have any negative stick. Negative Feedback is only for what happens on this site and can be proven by information from this site. If you want to change the rules, contact Okuma Steve through PM. Last I heard, it may take a week or so for him to get back to you.

Screenshots can be too easily faked. 99% of the members have no issues with the iTrader rules. Work within them and you'll be fine. You seem to be doing OK with more than 82 so far.
What happens if someone flat out lies? What's preventing person A saying person B never showed up? How do you resolve that? If some would go through the trouble faking a conversation, what else are they capable of? Don't get me wrong, there are members I can just text, and the deal is sealed, no worries. But, there are plenty of times I REQUIRE PM CONFIRMATION or I will not meet, especially with 0% feedback. So far it worked for me. So, I guess, I don't really have a problem with the system.

Last edited:
Reactions: JWC
Sadly in today's world a man's word doesn't mean as much as it did 5 or 10 years ago. Lack of respect, character, integrity, morals and common sense from people has ruined several deals for me in recent years. These days, I just take it in stride and accept the fact that it just wasn't meant to be and that everything happens for a reason. One thing that I do know is that I sleep good at night because my conscience is always clear. I despise liars and cheats and am a believer in karma.
Sorry you had another bad deal sir.

So if I have a pm saying things like wanna trade this for that blah blah blah and the guy says ok cool text me and we will work it out.. And his phone number is in the pm. .... Then I provide proof from screenshots of the phone number saying he would meet and time and all that it won't stick cause you guys think they can be faked, that's a bunch of bull****!

Back
Top Bottom