• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is 10mm worth getting into?

there is alot of back of forth on it. Now all of my experience is only with the glock 10mm so take that into consideration. Some folks will say it could lead to issues but there are several folks out there (myself included) that do shoot .40 in a 10mm without any issues. i shoot .40 in my glock 20 fairly regularly using the factory barrel and mags and have never had an issue.

I know back in the day when 10mm ammo was virtually unknown to most gun shops, a work around was to take .40 S&W brass (which wasn't too common itself), a heavy bullet, and seat the bullet long. It would work fine in a 10mm. Never have tried straight .40

I had some of the original Norma ammo - wish I'd had a chronograph because is was some kind of hot.

Well sir before Corona Hoax I rarely saw 10 mm in academy that was a pile of .40 cal and in a little corner in the shelf was the 10 mm rounds no more than 10 boxes

The premium "hot" loads are even harder to find. The hot loads are the ones loaded to max SAAMI specs.

If you compare apples to apples, the premium loads in 10MM, .45 ACP and even .357 are all about the same price - certainly not enough difference to justify making a decision on that basis.

BTW there's a lot you won't see in Academy - not much in the way of .25-06 and nothing in .257 Roberts.

The premium "hot" loads are even harder to find. The hot loads are the ones loaded to max SAAMI specs.

If you compare apples to apples, the premium loads in 10MM, .45 ACP and even .357 are all about the same price - certainly not enough difference to justify making a decision on that basis.

BTW there's a lot you won't see in Academy - not much in the way of .25-06 and nothing in .257 Roberts.
Well I understand but for me it isn't a practical caliber for self defense in my humble opinion the glock I wanted was too big a glock model 40 and plus the ammo I saw in cabelas and in bass pro besides the few boxes I normally used to see in academy they were in that moment beyond my budget but anyway I think all this it's just matter of choice

The only similarity between the TRP and the XD is the logo on the slide.

I’ve got a gen 1 XD in .45 ACP, long slide. It’ll hit all day long at 100 yards, no problem. I’ve put probably 10,000 rounds through mine, and it eats everything I’ve fed it. Factory and reloads, flush loaded wad cutters to ash tray looking hollow points. The only malfunction it’s ever had was a magazine problem. It’s my house gun now, and my wife claims it as hers, cuz it shoots so nice for her. I’ll take an XD over a glock all day. It’s ergonomics are good enough for my rather petite wife to shoot comfortably, and accurately. The only thing I’d rather not have on it is the grip safety, but it doesn’t impact operation any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough. The point is, that whether it was slightly more or roughly the same... NOW, it seems like the bargain, as the calibers in high demand have shot up... while demand for 10mm probably hasn't changed proportional to the others...

Another thing to consider is that there are a lot more manufacturers making 10mm weapons. I’ve seen several articles in the last few months extolling the virtues of the mighty 10. It’s come a long way since the Bren Ten. Personally, I’m holding out for a STI Perfect Ten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus 15 rounds verses at best 8.

Yeah, 15+1 in my case. I have a couple 6 shot .357's and a .44 Mag, several 38 specials... But if I can get better than .357 Mag ballistics with 15+1 capacity and fast mag reloads... Best of all worlds, in my opinion...

Back
Top Bottom