• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is 10mm worth getting into?

SirBannedAlot

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
171   0
Reaction score
I know that ammo prices are crazy, but some of the lesser used calibers are still actually reasonable...

I never owned a 10mm, but I see that there is a new Springfield XDM in 10mm for $549 and it sounds like a potent round for defense, or hunting, etc...

Is it all it is cracked up to be, or more of a niche/novelty?

Serious question since we are talking about 10 mm. Isn’t the 357 with good loads more powerful than the 10. But we are just giving up capacity with the 357 Just trying to decide if I want a 10 also

Its all it's cracked up to be. I think the XDM is a good deal now. However, I love my Glock 20. All the guides I know in AK are using glock 20's with Lone Wolf barrels (for heavy lead loads). The Glock 20 you can get a 40S&W barrel to shoot cheaper.

These guys are usually pretty detailed in their review and data, and they are claiming that at the end of the day, that 10mm and .40S&W aren't all that different?

I know that ammo prices are crazy, but some of the lesser used calibers are still actually reasonable...

I never owned a 10mm, but I see that there is a new Springfield XDM in 10mm for $549 and it sounds like a potent round for defense, or hunting, etc...

Is it all it is cracked up to be, or more of a niche/novelty?
Decent whitetail round but for anything bigger go bigger.

Back
Top Bottom