• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is 10mm worth getting into?

How so? Any time I ever saw 10mm it was a few bucks more per box than 9mm... Now that everyone is stockpiling 9mm, .45 and .223, those prices have doubled and tripled at many places(but not all)... But how many people are running out and buying 10mm guns or ammo?
All I know is since 2016, 10mm was and has been about the same price (ONLINE) as .45acp. I know this cause the price point determined a lot of factors.

All I know is since 2016, 10mm was and has been about the same price (ONLINE) as .45acp. I know this cause the price point determined a lot of factors.

Fair enough. The point is, that whether it was slightly more or roughly the same... NOW, it seems like the bargain, as the calibers in high demand have shot up... while demand for 10mm probably hasn't changed proportional to the others...

Fair enough. The point is, that whether it was slightly more or roughly the same... NOW, it seems like the bargain, as the calibers in high demand have shot up... while demand for 10mm probably hasn't changed proportional to the others...
Good point . I should have mentioned that I haven't followed ammo cost during the virus. We're good. Prob be Feb before I buy any more ammo?

In my Humble opinion, as a previous owner of one, it is one hell of a round but......I have decided during these trying times, I will deal with Nato rounds only except for 22lr.....Those rounds Nato meaning, will be the most common and accessible..Just my two Cents....Gentlemen carry on!

In my Humble opinion, as a previous owner of one, it is one hell of a round but......I have decided during these trying times, I will deal with Nato rounds only except for 22lr.....Those rounds Nato meaning, will be the most common and accessible..Just my two Cents....Gentlemen carry on!

Although a sound plan, the reality is that unless you find and take that ammo from others by force, they aren't all that readily available... haha

I am stocked up as far as SHTF. 800 rounds of 12ga, mostly buckshot and slugs, plus maybe 200 rounds of bird shot in there... 1500 rounds of 9mm and .223 each, plus 5000 rounds of .22lr, and several other calibers... I have no illusions that I will be in some multi-year civil war and having to supply my own ammo indefinitely... If there is civil unrest, it would be protecting me and my home perhaps for awhile... And I have plenty of ammo for that...

When I have bought ammo recently, its because I want to go to the range and play with a new gun...

I just saw that they had a 15+1 round polymer 10mm semi-auto, that I could actually carry if need be, and that seemed like a cool weapon to have...

Although a sound plan, the reality is that unless you find and take that ammo from others by force, they aren't all that readily available... haha

I am stocked up as far as SHTF. 800 rounds of 12ga, mostly buckshot and slugs, plus maybe 200 rounds of bird shot in there... 1500 rounds of 9mm and .223 each, plus 5000 rounds of .22lr, and several other calibers... I have no illusions that I will be in some multi-year civil war and having to supply my own ammo indefinitely... If there is civil unrest, it would be protecting me and my home perhaps for awhile... And I have plenty of ammo for that...

When I have bought ammo recently, its because I want to go to the range and play with a new gun...

I just saw that they had a 15+1 round polymer 10mm semi-auto, that I could actually carry if need be, and that seemed like a cool weapon to have...
We all have our own opinions and I respect that...I have a few rounds and keep them polished and sharp...

We all have our own opinions and I respect that...I have a few rounds and keep them polished and sharp...

Yeah, all told I think I am around 12,000 rounds in the common calibers, shotguns, .308, .270, 30/30 and various revolvers, AR's all that jazz.

The ammo shortages annoy me because i like to go to the range and actually enjoy the weapons, and I don't want to deplete my stash, or have to take out a second mortgage to afford new ammo... :-(

I've been using 40s&w in my Glock 29 at the range, with never a hiccup, for cheap practice. Thats a plus.
I'd previously carried a 44 magnum when hunting, or a Ruger LCR 357, IWB, when hiking. Over the last year I've just been grabbing the G29 to take over either of them. It's turned into the most utilitarian calibre option I have.

Back
Top Bottom