• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My wife is a traitor…

Bennyboy

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
262   0
Reaction score
So my wife has had her CCW a few years now and I’ve tried to get her to carry more and more as time goes on. Lately, she’s been doing more work in the jungle (Atlanta) so she’s been wanting something with her more often. She’s been carrying my Kahr PM9 in her purse but hates shooting it and her lack of practice makes me nervous of course.

In the past, I’ve bought her a few different guns I liked and she never has taken to them. So today, I took her to do something I never have before: pick out and purchase her own gun. She handled several and I’d give her info but not my opinion of the gun. Micro to full-size, she started to settle towards the single stack 9MMs till she found the one she liked best and bought it…

A Glock 43X. A feckin’ GLOCK! What’s the world coming to?

I don’t understand women. If I had a purse, I’d have a sexy cannon in that thing. I mean, there was a Colt Python laying RIGHT THERE…

But seriously, it was a fun experience for us. She was even anxious to shoot but had a wedding to go to so we’ll get it out tomorrow. I’ve been dry firing it awhile and have to say, the trigger is better than my last G19 and it feels decent in the hand, not overly brick like. But still, she chose a piece of Tupperware out of all those guns. She could have at least gotten a Shield 2.0 (“the grips are too rough” she said 🙄)

Excuse me while I go put a PERFECTION sticker on her back glass and figure out where I went wrong 😅.

So my wife has had her CCW a few years now and I’ve tried to get her to carry more and more as time goes on. Lately, she’s been doing more work in the jungle (Atlanta) so she’s been wanting something with her more often. She’s been carrying my Kahr PM9 in her purse but hates shooting it and her lack of practice makes me nervous of course.

In the past, I’ve bought her a few different guns I liked and she never has taken to them. So today, I took her to do something I never have before: pick out and purchase her own gun. She handled several and I’d give her info but not my opinion of the gun. Micro to full-size, she started to settle towards the single stack 9MMs till she found the one she liked best and bought it…

I don’t understand women. If I had a purse, I’d have a sexy cannon in that thing. I mean, there was a Colt Python laying RIGHT THERE…

But seriously, it was a fun experience for us. She was even anxious to shoot but had a wedding to go to so we’ll get it out tomorrow. I’ve been dry firing it awhile and have to say, the trigger is better than my last G19 and it feels decent in the hand, not overly brick like. But still, she chose a piece of Tupperware out of all those guns. She could have at least gotten a Shield 2.0 (“the grips are too rough” she said 🙄)

Excuse me while I go put a PERFECTION sticker on her back glass and figure out where I went wrong 😅.
Picking out your woman’s gun is like you picking out her bra and panties. YOU will probably LOVE them, but she probably will not. Especially if you are the one wearing them… LOL

Picking out your woman’s gun is like you picking out her bra and panties. YOU will probably LOVE them, but she probably will not. Especially if you are the one wearing them… LOL
My daughter wanted a Robin's egg blue Glock 19.

At that time I was de briefing the college liberal out of her.
Never wanted anything to do with guns or shooting.

Some little bastard took her to shoot his glock and she obviously loved it.
I was pussed I wasn't present for her introduction to firearms.
Well she hits ne at a bad financial time just before Christmas and says she wants a handgun.
And she told me of the hideous colored glock she wanted.
Well there's no way I'm not going to get her a firearm even though I've not taught her the basic safety.
Bass pro met a price that the place in Blairsville had listed for J frames.
I did real well.
Less than 375 out the door at the time.
I told her I'd furnish ammo for a range day and buy her own ammo and holster of her choice when her carry permit was mailed and we had a trip th the hunting property to shoot..
That's the safest handgun I could have got her.

LOL, bless your heart. The gun you carry is the one worth the most. Leaving it at home isn't good. Then next, the one you can hit something with. If she's comfortable, go with it. The only thing I really hate about the Glock is they're plastic. That said you carry one all day everyday, you'll wish for lighter weight.
My wife couldn't make up her mind like 40yrs ago. So I bought her one she was looking at, Colt Government 380. She's been carrying that one all this time. She shoots it well and knows that weapon inside and out. If I were her, I'd carry factory loads in it. But she insist on carrying my reloads. That's the only issue I have with it. If it was me, I'd go with a larger cartridge. But that's the one she carries. Sometimes you just have to pick your battles. I had started her with a Ruger MK 1. I can't remember if she ever carried a 38. I would choose the 38 over a 380. She does have a 38 and shoots factory hps. So better. Mine for the same purpose is a 44mag. She can also handle a 12ga pump. She doesn't like it

Back
Top Bottom