• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My wife is a traitor…

So my wife has had her CCW a few years now and I’ve tried to get her to carry more and more as time goes on. Lately, she’s been doing more work in the jungle (Atlanta) so she’s been wanting something with her more often. She’s been carrying my Kahr PM9 in her purse but hates shooting it and her lack of practice makes me nervous of course.

In the past, I’ve bought her a few different guns I liked and she never has taken to them. So today, I took her to do something I never have before: pick out and purchase her own gun. She handled several and I’d give her info but not my opinion of the gun. Micro to full-size, she started to settle towards the single stack 9MMs till she found the one she liked best and bought it…

A Glock 43X. A feckin’ GLOCK! What’s the world coming to?

I don’t understand women. If I had a purse, I’d have a sexy cannon in that thing. I mean, there was a Colt Python laying RIGHT THERE…

But seriously, it was a fun experience for us. She was even anxious to shoot but had a wedding to go to so we’ll get it out tomorrow. I’ve been dry firing it awhile and have to say, the trigger is better than my last G19 and it feels decent in the hand, not overly brick like. But still, she chose a piece of Tupperware out of all those guns. She could have at least gotten a Shield 2.0 (“the grips are too rough” she said 🙄)

Excuse me while I go put a PERFECTION sticker on her back glass and figure out where I went wrong 😅.

At least she carries. Mine is too frightened.

My daughter wanted a Robin's egg blue Glock 19.

At that time I was de briefing the college liberal out of her.
Never wanted anything to do with guns or shooting.

Some little bastard took her to shoot his glock and she obviously loved it.
I was pussed I wasn't present for her introduction to firearms.
Well she hits ne at a bad financial time just before Christmas and says she wants a handgun.
And she told me of the hideous colored glock she wanted.
Well there's no way I'm not going to get her a firearm even though I've not taught her the basic safety.
Bass pro met a price that the place in Blairsville had listed for J frames.
I did real well.
Less than 375 out the door at the time.
I told her I'd furnish ammo for a range day and buy her own ammo and holster of her choice when her carry permit was mailed and we had a trip th the hunting property to shoot..
That's the safest handgun I could have got her.
Probably be real safe… sitting at home…

Let her pick out what she wants, she will be much more likely to carry it.

When I sold guns I saw this over and over again. Guy buys the gun, and it gets sold “like new” because it never got carried and the girl was discouraged and never carried again in many cases.

Probably be real safe… sitting at home…

Let her pick out what she wants, she will be much more likely to carry it.

When I sold guns I saw this over and over again. Guy buys the gun, and it gets sold “like new” because it never got carried and the girl was discouraged and never carried again in many cases.
I told her when she was using her $ she could buy what she wanted.
I also mentioned some things are sacred.
And Robin's egg blue ain't. Shooting someone ain't supposed to be a pretty color.
Dead is dead.

But I can see if your getting a significant other a firearm, you tend to want to maybe do some compromising.
But hopefully you have already had positive range time with that significant other so you feel comfortable with her choice.
At the time I'd never seen my daughter shoot.
Or do much else for that matter due to a nasty divorce .
She sees the world differently now.
And we have became close.
And she actually might shoot my Glock 19 better than I do.

Old eyes.
She will have that glock one day.
And I might have one put up for her upcoming 34th birthday.
But it ain't Robin's egg blue.

I spent around 2K trying to get my wife a piece that she would actually carry. In 25 years I have got her to go to the range with me twice. She has gone with her Son once, and had him pick out one for her also. She has a beretta 92 in her bedside with a mag in it but not chambered. If she is going somewhere she actually thinks is dangerous, she will sometimes put a Smith 60 in her front jeans pocket, but it's rare. I will sell her CHEAP or trade for most any firearm working or not. I gave up trying to talk sense to her a long long time ago.

I spent around 2K trying to get my wife a piece that she would actually carry. In 25 years I have got her to go to the range with me twice. She has gone with her Son once, and had him pick out one for her also. She has a beretta 92 in her bedside with a mag in it but not chambered. If she is going somewhere she actually thinks is dangerous, she will sometimes put a Smith 60 in her front jeans pocket, but it's rare. I will sell her CHEAP or trade for most any firearm working or not. I gave up trying to talk sense to her a long long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom