• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you owned the ODT what changes,if any, would you make and why?

Web forums of various flavors underutilize their collective power. We could be more effective at marketing our thoughts and opinions to sporting goods companies in return for discounts etc. I can't believe more companies don't utilize forums like this for above board data mining/surveys.

The NFA Class III companies do this all the time.

One member on NFAtalk asked for a thread protector for an adapter from Liberty, and today they posted that it was already complete and that it would be for sale soon.

The NFA Class III companies do this all the time.

One member on NFAtalk asked for a thread protector for an adapter from Liberty, and today they posted that it was already complete and that it would be for sale soon.

That's awesome. I can't believe this isn't utilized more. This tpe of collective information should be, and is a gold mine for sporting goods companies. Considering a new model of firearm? Start a thread for free and listen to feedback--or, hire a market research company to do the same thing only less effectively for big $$$ and possibly poorer and less comprehensive results/suggestions.

It would be nice to have some manufacturers reps on the board to add some insight for their various product lines. Glock being in Smyrna is a huge advantage for us here in Georgia, they aren't my favorite, but I recognize that it's an advantage for them to be in our city. I know the 1911 Forum board has a couple guys on their from different manufacturers on there pretty regularly.

I've been on here for a very short while and seen more than one person complain about not wanting to see listings for items that are gone. Personally, I like being able to see what has sold and what the list price was, but I could understand others who might not want to have to look at those listings.

I would move all of the already sold threads into a sub-forum so you don't have to wade through them while searching for something actively for sell. I still want the old ones just not mixed with the active ones.

I like this idea but I'll need to think about how to do it for a little bit. One big archives forum? Or separate archives for each sub forum?

Have a "you mad bro?" Section for the whiners and dead-horse topics for say threads that have already been mentioned umpteen thousand times. ; )

It might be time for a dead horse-esque forum.

Simple. Ban all whiners.

And, ban all Glock fanboys. Well, maybe just give'em a timeout. :rolleyes:

So what you're saying is close the site down? :lol:

I would add a like button

I would let the BW roam a little free'er

I would increase the required time between posts to 24 hours for Mdog

I would take all the supporter money and buy a pirate ship

Also I would make a logo that was more simple like the "GON" sticker so more people put it on their car.

BW is pretty damn free right now, only thing banned is racism and nudity as far as I know.

I think 24 hours is a little harsh for mdog, 12 sounds about right.

Can you elaborate on what you mean for a new sticker?

I'd put in a keyword alert system. If you're looking for "Glock" within a certain price range, send an email, text, PM or something when an ad is posted.

This is on the list of stuff to do, my developer is just way behind right now.

I would force Biker13 to use this as his avatar
i50.tinypic.com_359k4mt.jpg

****ing amazing.

Apply the present "rules" before adding anymore. Some children run wild here and others post popcorn and get in trouble

I keep seeing this accusation but no one gives examples, who is allowed to run wild? Are you able to view who gets an infraction and who doesn't?

I would have an area just for knife discussion.

Put a reloading sub classifieds in when 200 people vote for it.

Knives is coming, still considering the reloading area.

I like this idea but I'll need to think about how to do it for a little bit. One big archives forum? Or separate archives for each sub forum?

I like this idea. I like to see the old ads and what items were selling for. The closed ads can add a lot of clutter. Maybe once the ad is closed, it automagically gets put into an archive folder.

BW is pretty damn free right now, only thing banned is racism and nudity as far as I know.
I like nipples
Can you elaborate on what you mean for a new sticker?

Our current stickers are not a logo per say, they are the the letters. People who don't even use GON know their sticker, its a uniform color, has a shape, letters are not just horizontal. I wan't something easier to spot and something that will be more uniform instead of 3-4 stickers.
****ing amazing.

I do work son.

Also please keep us all informed about the possible acquisition of a pirate ship

Last edited:
I would like to see a special golden animal for members with high positive feedback. I have been a member for awhile and I don't get a chance to post as much as I like to so my chicken is a long way off. So I wouldn't mind seeing something special for the members who have contributed a lot to the buying and selling of items on the forum. I would leave the chicken for it's original purpose. How about a goat? Perhaps a badger? Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom