• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how to hold a suspect for police

I have always been afraid of being charged for kidnapping because I was holding someone against there will. Is it against the law to hold a robber a gun point till the police arrived? I always thought it was a kill if you thought they were going to kill you or let them run and be free if they weren't an immediate threat. Can anyone clarify the law for me?

thats not kidnapping, i think kidnapping is forcing someone to change locations or venues under threat of force (if you force him into the back room, thats kidnapping. if he just stays there, not so much)

then again, you can get charged with just about anything these days

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/kidnapping

The crime of unlawfully seizing and carrying away a person by force or Fraud, or seizing and detaining a person against his or her will with an intent to carry that person away at a later time.

I have always been afraid of being charged for kidnapping because I was holding someone against there will. Is it against the law to hold a robber a gun point till the police arrived? I always thought it was a kill if you thought they were going to kill you or let them run and be free if they weren't an immediate threat. Can anyone clarify the law for me?

The law is murky.

You could be fine criminally, but face civil penalties.

Do any of us want our personal lives turned inside out while the media and prosecution look for a case. A LEO has lawyers at his disposal should he be accused of false arrest or any other BS crime at no cost to him. Do you?

Ok, you pulled your gun and have him on the floor. Your watching his every breath and muscle twitch as you call 911.........That sudden splitting pain you are feeling isn't from your high blood adrenalin level, that would be his partner or look out using the back of your head as a ball for his bat. While you spent so much time minding his bud you totally forgot that they don't often work alone. Oh well. Good point to remember nest time. Also experience says that when the pistol comes out it will be a running shot if you get a chance to fire. They don't tend to hang around ............

The charge would be false imprisonment.
i was going to suggest that, but im not lawyer

hence all my posts have had some doubt behind them (such as i think, or im not sure but...)

ya, false imprisonment can be hard to stick though. ive heard of security guards who tried to hold folks for shoplifting get brought up on this. observe and report fellas

i was going to suggest that, but im not lawyer

hence all my posts have had some doubt behind them (such as i think, or im not sure but...)

ya, false imprisonment can be hard to stick though. ive heard of security guards who tried to hold folks for shoplifting get brought up on this. observe and report fellas

you just gotta be careful. If he does not notice me and is just robbing the place and not hurting anybody... im going to call 911, eat a bag of cheetos and wait.

Back
Top Bottom