• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how to hold a suspect for police

I personally carry an umbrella liability policy, and have an attorney on speed dial. If you are going to carry, although I do not know them personally but see the post above, contact Protective Measures or a certified (LE or NRA) instructor. Just because Georgia doesn't require class, or range time for a permit doesn't relieve you of a responsibility to be familiar with laws, and the firearm.

one can not be charged with false imprisonment for a citizens arrest on a forceable felony. They DO have to know that there are things they MUST do to validate. (Go in front of magistrate etc.)

Last edited:
So if someone breaks into my house and for some reason doesn't get shot. Can I hold them till the police show? Or should I let them go?

Edit: or Hold them while I take a picture of them then tell them they are free to go/ or take their wallet if they have one and let them go?

I personally carry an umbrella liability policy, and have an attorney on speed dial. If you are going to carry, although I do not know them personally but see the post above, contact Protective Measures or a certified (LE or NRA) instructor. Just because Georgia doesn't require class, or range time for a permit doesn't relieve you of a responsibility to be familiar with laws, and the firearm.

one can not be charged with false imprisonment for a citizens arrest on a forceable felony. They DO have to know that there are things they MUST do to validate. (Go in front of magistrate etc.)

Can you be charged with false imprisonment if you don't hold anyone?

Your policy likely does not cover court costs and a retainer is not a prepaid agreement.

So if someone breaks into my house and for some reason doesn't get shot. Can I hold them till the police show? Or should I let them go?

Edit: or Hold them while I take a picture of them then tell them they are free to go/ or take their wallet if they have one and let them go?

Burglary= Felony. You can make the decision, but are legally clear to detain and hold. Do not take their picture, or especially their wallet. Firm verbal commands and a resolve to protect yourself should do nicely.

If you hold them though they will be out of jail in a week and probably come back for revenge youre damned if you do damned if you don't. Pray it doesn't happen and stay armed in case it does.

If you hold them though they will be out of jail in a week and probably come back for revenge youre damned if you do damned if you don't. Pray it doesn't happen and stay armed in case it does.

If they are in your home, castle doctrine covers... Well as they say in Pirates of the Caribbean. Dead men tell no tales, and I assure you with the increase in home invasions in metro ATL I can, and will easily voice my absolute terror of the mean man in my home.

Back
Top Bottom