• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how to hold a suspect for police

Me, I would try my best to be the first one out the back door, if not then the best protective cover I can find. Most robberies last under a minute anyways, less than 60 seconds is not worth the risk/chance of life in prison. my gun and bullets are meant for me and my people, not strangers. Good luck to the clerk, he should have been armed himself.

while he's face down away from you,and someone else is calling 911-start talking about the last time this happened to you,how your still dealing with all the lawyers and questions about why you shot an un-armed man.tell how when he scratched his head,you thought he was going for a weapon,and if he only hadn't survived,he never could have testified.beg him not to move,as you are in no mood to let all THAT happen again,and WONT!!
just kidding
while he is face down and hands way out in front of him,have someone else call 911.Tell him ONCE-if you move,I will consider you a threat to all those here,and WILL shoot to STOP you.then watch for movement
make sure the entire area is clear of people,cops should be there within 5or6 mins.

Let me change the scenario a little bit and see how this works out. You and your wife have gone into the BP station to grab a couple of cokes and munchies after buying gas. As you both head to the cooler a flash mob comes barging in, yelling, swinging at people, tearing stuff up and stealing things. You aren't sure if they have deadly intent, but you are armed but outnumbered 50 to 1. My first inclination would be to back my wife in to a corner with me in front of her and look as harmless as I can until I have to make a decision of taking a few punches or opening up on the crowd. Which way do you go with this?

There is no way I would take the chance of being incapacitated by taking a few punches. I would back myself and wife into a corner and look as absolutely dangerous as I possibly could. This is one of a very few situations where brandishing your weapon may be a good idea. Even a warning shot into the floor might be called for to make sure they ALL knew that I would not allow any harm to come to us. The message would be "Go do whatever you want, but this corner is mine. Stay the hell away from it." Use of deadly force against any further threat would be justifiable. There would be no doubt about disparity of force. Their knowledge of my willingness to use deadly force is very important. If they know that and STILL come after us, it clearly indicates THEIR willingness to also use deadly force.

When they show up, you'll be the one holding a gun at an armed robbery call. If he doesn't attack you or anyone else, let him go. Let the police chase him.

I didn't read through all the posts, but in the ones I did read has anybody taken into consideration your local jury pool??? If you live in a very liberal community even if justifies in useing deadly force at some point, your District Attorney might still try an indictment against you. It will be all about polictics and public outcry!!!

Also in law enforcement training, we are taught there is always a gun at the scene. OURS!!!! So lets say he throws down the bat. Now he comes at you. Are you preprared to shoot him?? Really are you? there are seasoned veteran officers with tons of training that hesitate.

If your not ready to shoot him, how well can you fight?? Hope well enough to keep your gun.

LEO'S always need good witness's.

A short rope and a tall tree would be my guess.;)

If you handcuffed anintruder to your truck or a tree, while waiting for leos, would that be considered false imprisonment?

Last edited:
If you want to be a police officer, here you go.

https://www.joinatlantapd.org

Otherwise, worry about protecting you and your own.

this ^^^ i dont carry to protect strangers, strangers property, or to save the world. its about me and mine. i am not PD and the law doesnt allow me to act like i am. i would act to save a stranger from certain death, but not from getting robbed.

Last edited:
Me, I would try my best to be the first one out the back door, if not then the best protective cover I can find. Most robberies last under a minute anyways, less than 60 seconds is not worth the risk/chance of life in prison. my gun and bullets are meant for me and my people, not strangers. Good luck to the clerk, he should have been armed himself.

you beat me to it...

here is the situation, someone just tried to rob a convenient store and you caught him in the act when you were hidden in a isle of the store and pulled your gun and pointed it at him telling him to get on the floor or some such statement, the suspect had a baseball bat only and surrendered when he saw the gun.the suspect is unarmed and laying down on the floor, now what do you do?

do you wait for the cops to arrive and hold your gun pointed at him on the floor the whole time or what?

Tell him to stop squirming, or you'll shoot him again.

Back
Top Bottom