• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how to hold a suspect for police

Have him lay face Down with arms spread. Get distance between him and you. Call 911. Keep hand on holstered gun when cops arrive. Make sure to tell dispatcher what he is wearing, what you are wearing, that you are holding at
Gun point, in fear for your life. When cops show up say you are going to slowly raise your empty hands. Do so and follow instructions.

Masada ayoob does a great walk through in his video by panteao productions. Worth the 18 bucks a month.

Masaad Ayoob rules...

Just sayin'.... He and Jeff Cooper influenced several generations!

This all sounds so serious, how about telling him if he sings and dances to "skip to my lou" that you'll let him go.

And then after that wonderful rendition tell him you hate that song and he better get his rear back on the floor.
Make sure the cops take a copy of the perp's floor show, they can use a good laugh too.

gty_george_zimmerman_jef_120412_wg.jpg

Thumb and toe shackles and perhaps a pincher to hold his tongue and fasten it to something ;)

here is the situation, someone just tried to rob a convenient store and you caught him in the act when you were hidden in a isle of the store and pulled your gun and pointed it at him telling him to get on the floor or some such statement, the suspect had a baseball bat only and surrendered when he saw the gun.the suspect is unarmed and laying down on the floor, now what do you do?

do you wait for the cops to arrive and hold your gun pointed at him on the floor the whole time or what?

If you want to be a police officer, here you go.

https://www.joinatlantapd.org

Otherwise, worry about protecting you and your own.

So you do not feel you have an obligation to protect someone other than "you and yours"?

my law enforcement training would more than likely kick in, and unless my children were with me, I would act. Should the average private citizen do something... That a gut check they will have to make in that moment. But, it is not trying to play police to act in a lethal force incident, it's an individual making a measured response to a situation. Would you pass by a fresh horrible accident on the roadway because you do not want to be an EMT? (Failure to stop and render aid?)

Last edited:
If you want to be a police officer, here you go.

https://www.joinatlantapd.org

Otherwise, worry about protecting you and your own.

i wouldnt try and get involved, but i dont think id let someone hurt or kill someone else.....robberies often turn into that

i dont know, lots of grey area. i know for sure id like to not be involved if it could be helped

Someone else said this, but let's be very clear. If you have disarmed him and try to hold him for police, the weapon in your hand is a bluff. If he tries to leave without creating a threat to someone you HAVE TO LET HIM GO. If you kill him at that point it's manslaughter.

Ok, Devils Advocate here.

Should said bad actor swing, or draw back said bat at the clerk and say they will kill them... What then? I agree, being a good witness to a crime is preferable. Hopefully the members here (although I question a few) do not walk through life praying for the lesser forms of filth to give them a reason to tryout their EDC, but situational thinking presents that thought, what if....?

Well if he is doing all that then I would still wait for him to act. Im not a cop. Im not trying to be a crime fighter. Worse comes to worse ill nolan ryan a beer bottle right into the back of his head. My pistol is the last option.

Back
Top Bottom