• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite Tactics in Hand to Hand Combat

kick em in the nuts and scream thats my purse !

honestly i spent my youth always being the FNG everyone wanted to mess with or pick on . so i got me a lot of practice in and ive found no one way works everytime - thus you must have a lot of options and learn to read people - i have to say ive choked out some near losses -i guess thats my fail safe move - that and jedi mind tricks

CAM00067.jpg

This is one of the scars that I have on the back of my head, while getting jumped in the Kroger parking lot on Chapel Hill road, age 16, 1am. Not so bad anymore, since I'm 30, but it's still there, 11 stitches and one grocery cart through their windsheild later, here I am.

Edit: Well that's about a ****ty pic if I ever saw one. Sorry. Best I can do by myself for this thread.

View attachment 224446

This is one of the scars that I have on the back of my head, while getting jumped in the Kroger parking lot on Chapel Hill road, age 16, 1am. Not so bad anymore, since I'm 30, but it's still there, 11 stitches and one grocery cart through their windsheild later, here I am.
You were on Chapel Hill, what did you expect?

You were on Chapel Hill, what did you expect?

This was when I was 16, so it was the 1999/2000 area frame, for the most part, a good area of town. It was 1 black guy and 1 white guy. At the time, I was a frail 5' 8" 135lbs, now I'm 6' 210lbs. The last time that I saw either of these guys.....well....no names and won't be discussed here. Karma's a ***** is all I can say. I tried to show, but didn't show up with my cam, was the 13 stitches I received on my lip. A steel toe boot to the face kinda sucks, but to their disadvantage, it's something that you don't likely forget.

remove the oxygen and remove the fight!! i have fought guys who even kicking them in the nuts only results in a biger a** kicking but a quick jab to the throat see what happens then i dont care how big or bad u are the common denominator we all have to have is air. for instance the badest dog most people can think of is a pit bull. and where does it go for in a fight! if u take away somethings air u have won the fight.

The throat is always a good place to start. Eye gouge (finger jab) and if possible, a knee. These are my 3 favorite places to strike first if I am forced to defend myself. Get the first lick. The first lick is usually the hardest in a street fight. Not always, but usually. Fight dirty. Biting is not pretty and it is disgusting but it works. Biting will get you out of a lot of situations. Eye gouges, fish hooks to the mouth, ear pulling, a handful of dirt or sand to the eyes, anything to save yourself. I had one of my old instructors in a rear choke one day and he managed to jam his index finger up my nose as hard as he could. I let go.

I have trained for about 22 years. I had 160 students at one time here in Douglasville. Training matters, but not as much as some would have you believe. Each individual has different capabilities. No matter your capabilities it will always help to have some training. And in a self defense situation, each scenario will be different. One on one or multiple attackers. It is best to train for both. Surface. I trained with a Korean guru that would take us out in the rain and make us spar on a steep grassy slope. Much different than a mat. Size of the area you are in. If I am trying to defend myself against some monster who outweighs me by 100 pounds I hope I'm not in a space no larger than a telephone booth. I can run if necessary in a parking lot, but inside a bar area with tables and chairs or some other small space I will look for something to use as a weapon, which I will most likely do anyway. After all, I will avoid a fight if I can and if someone is trying to hurt me I will try to stop them at all costs.

I taught a rape prevention class on Saturday mornings for a couple of years. I tried to make it as realistic as possible for the ladies and I believe most of them could do a fair job of defending themselves. I felt a tremendous sense of responsibility to these women and I always drummed it into their heads that they must react as quickly and viciously as possible in order to escape. After a while of training some of those women were poison. I bring this up because rape prevention is last resort self defense as I believe all self defense instruction should be.

So, I have my opinions about the different styles and their practicality when it comes to self defense. I believe all styles have something to offer. No one style is the best. The individual matters more than anything else. Brains over brawn can and does work, but being in great shape is a tremendous help. Fighting is not about winning. It is about stopping the guy or guys trying to hurt you.

Swing first, make it count, and finish it off anyway possible. If they are semi-close to me I like to drop about 6" and spring up with a head butt to the face. This is done from a few feet away. Lunge upward while grabbing them and pulling them into your momentum.

The throat punch and front knee stomp combo is another one that will end it fast. Whatever you do don't stand in front of your opponent and trade blows. I like to side step and wrap the chin with a good haymaker. If it connects, it's usually lights out.

Above all else, fight dirty, use your surroundings , and fight to win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom