• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite Tactics in Hand to Hand Combat

throat punch

That's my first shot if they are bigger or stronger looking than me or if I otherwise feel I'm at a physical disadvantage. Close the airway and bubba can't fight. If I have an apparent physical advantage, I go back to judo training and put the dude in a submission hold with usually a combo wrist lock and arm bar then add punches or knees if necessary. I have only found myself in defensive situations like this 3 times in my adult life and to date have never absorbed a single punch worth writing home about. One poor guy caught me in a really bad mood one night and I went a little too far with the wrist lock/arm bar thing and added a throw to the mix. I shouldn't have held the wrist lock as I threw him but I did and it snapped his wrist like a twig. The other two guys unwillingly added a couple of cheap blades to my knife collection.

I don't have any actual training of any kind. I have however fought/sparred with friends growing up my entire teenage life. I've been in a few fights during high school that were about 50/50. As of my adult life (over 21 and allowed to enter bars) I've been in about 6 altercations whether at a friends house or in public. I've never lost a fight per se, but there were several were I did have to have some stitches. The #1 thing that I can suggest in any fight, especially one in public where rules aren't followed, DO NOT WAIT TO BE HIT FIRST!!!! That's where I've always had the upper hand. Some of the guys I've had altercations with could've easily whooped my ass had they hit me first, but I try to never allow that to happen. If an altercation starts to arise, I try to put a little distance between myself and the other person to see if it will de-escalate. If it does not and the only way to get out on top is to take control of the situation, I do. Don't get me wrong, I've had my ass handed to me a 2 occasions from trying to to be the "nice guy" and turning my back. DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK.

Last edited:
I don't have any actual training of any kind. I have however fought/sparred with friends growing up my entire teenage life. I've been in a few fights during high school that were about 50/50. As of my adult life (over 21 and allowed to enter bars) I've been in about 6 altercations whether at a friends house or in public. I've never lost a fight per se, but there were several were I did have to have some stitches. The #1 thing that I can suggest in any fight, especially one in public where rules aren't followed, DO NOT WAIT TO BE HIT FIRST!!!! That's where I've always had the upper hand. Some of the guys I've had altercations with could've easily whooped my ass had they hit me first, but I try to never allow that to happen. If an altercation starts to arise, I try to put a little distance between myself and the other person to see if it will de-escalate. If it does not and the only way to get out on top is to take control of the situation, I do. Don't get me wrong, I've had my ass handed to me a 2 occasions from trying to to be the "nice guy" and turning my back. DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK.

Back
Top Bottom