• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite Tactics in Hand to Hand Combat

Aspirin bottles with a spring clip, 9 volt and a special marble. :confused:

If that bothers you, I'll split a face and gut a pig.

Last edited:
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_09_11_vyvevy7a.jpg

I don't have any actual training of any kind. I have however fought/sparred with friends growing up my entire teenage life. I've been in a few fights during high school that were about 50/50. As of my adult life (over 21 and allowed to enter bars) I've been in about 6 altercations whether at a friends house or in public. I've never lost a fight per se, but there were several were I did have to have some stitches. The #1 thing that I can suggest in any fight, especially one in public where rules aren't followed, DO NOT WAIT TO BE HIT FIRST!!!! That's where I've always had the upper hand. Some of the guys I've had altercations with could've easily whooped my ass had they hit me first, but I try to never allow that to happen. If an altercation starts to arise, I try to put a little distance between myself and the other person to see if it will de-escalate. If it does not and the only way to get out on top is to take control of the situation, I do. Don't get me wrong, I've had my ass handed to me a 2 occasions from trying to to be the "nice guy" and turning my back. DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK.

While this might work for you, it is also called assault and battery and will land your butt in jail. If you get hit first then it is self defense.

I would rather "get my ass handed to me" and not end up in jail.

I find that if I am threatened to evaluate the situation for all ways out. One of the easiest ways I have found out is to act like fighting is a great idea and your are more than willing to fight. By doing this I have caused concern in the other person most of the time and they no longer feel they have a edge over me. Another one I have used is to be calm and try to negotiate my way closer to head butt the person in the face. I have a extremely hard head thankfully. Also anything you can pick up helps. I am larger than most people, I find to simply get over them and use my weight to ground them, but I learned that is a risky move and may cost me with someone familiar with this or quicker than I am.

While this might work for you, it is also called assault and battery and will land your butt in jail. If you get hit first then it is self defense.

I would rather "get my ass handed to me" and not end up in jail.

And I understand that. But when you can see that a situation isn't going to simply "go away", I'm not going to let someone get the upper hand on me and possibly beat me into submission. It may only take him one hit for you to go out and then it's open season from there on out. If I see that someone who is threatening me isn't simply going to back off and they're only looking for a fight, I'm gonna give them all the fight that I have. (this is aside from using my firearm in defense, which is not what this thread is about) A lot of people are taught, "let them hit you first", well, my dad, an ex police officer out of Houston and my grandfather, an ex country boy who didn't take no **** (ex only because he's no longer here), always told me, leave well enough alone, mind your own business, and if someone act's if they want to hurt you, hurt them first, and I'll (my dad or grandad) will handle the consequences later. TO REITERATE: this mindset is only done when trying to de-escalate a situation and the only way to leave is to fight and fight to win. I'm not turning my back on someone who want's to hurt me. If I can talk and they calm down and we either shake hands or just agree to disagree, then so be it. But, if they are set out to try and kick my ass and there's no way around that, #1, I'm not gonna let them hit me first, #2, I'm not going to turn my back on them and let them get the advantage. I own my statement and jail or no jail, I'm not gonna hand over an ass whoopin' to anyone for any reason. If you're too scared to go to jail over defending yourself, you might as well stay home, because if you go to jail, those guys in there are only much, much worse. (simply my response, no disrespect or interwebs tough guy intended)

Back
Top Bottom