• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite Tactics in Hand to Hand Combat

Ever seen somebody take a razor across the face? the groin? Gettin' in close isn't all hugs -n- kisses.
There are some truly evil people out there. Don't expect them to play nice.

In San Diego in 80, a guy foiled a bar robbery. Took 14 stabs with a kitchen knife to the gut before he could disengage. A matter of seconds. This guy was twice the size of his attacker. Only reason he lived was the grace of God.

Ever see somebody keep in the fight with a sucking chest wound? They turn all grey and can't breathe, then go all shocky.

A friend of mine got cut grabbing the wrong guy. The guy lunged at him and my friend took him down and subdued him. He is a purple belt in BJJ. When he let him up he was cut from the back of his neck to about 1/4" away from his jugular. This was in his own driveway. The guy was on drugs and stopped to ask directions, then turned ugly for no reason at all. The entire scenario unfolded in less than a minute. Scary, we had no idea Jack was being cut. He is a big tough guy and I thought we were going to have to pull him off the guy. He received over 150 stitches for grabbing the wrong guy. He came very close to losing his lfe. We were much younger then but I will never underestimate a stranger in the dark ever again. I promise.

Last edited:
Unless I missed it, you all are assuming you know the fight is coming like a bar fight, but what about an ambush on the street.

I hold a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and Hap Ki Do, and let me tell you, for H2H self defense that actually works without a lifetime of training... Check out Tony Blauer's SPEAR methods. One of the few guys I know that would hand it to mma fighter in a street fight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom