• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite Tactics in Hand to Hand Combat

No, but lots of other martial arts including studies in Asia. Primarily combat styles, rather than sport. If Krav Maga had been around when I was in it, I would have been all over it. Now I'm just old and slow........and carry a gun. :cool:

My grandson will start studying Krav Maga when he gets a little older.

Yeah despite its age it took awhile to get popular with non Jews.

The krav magra and the Russian "systema". Are probably the best hand to hand

If you're into this sort of thing, we'll be hosting a member of Yamam and instructor for the unit on Nov 9th and 10th. If you've never heard of the Yamam just do a google search.

Uzzi has been with the unit for 25 years and is a Medal of Honor winner. There will be more to come on the classes.

Ever seen somebody take a razor across the face? the groin? Gettin' in close isn't all hugs -n- kisses.
There are some truly evil people out there. Don't expect them to play nice.

In San Diego in 80, a guy foiled a bar robbery. Took 14 stabs with a kitchen knife to the gut before he could disengage. A matter of seconds. This guy was twice the size of his attacker. Only reason he lived was the grace of God.

Ever see somebody keep in the fight with a sucking chest wound? They turn all grey and can't breathe, then go all shocky.

You ever seen someone get shot from 20 ft away? Anything can happen that is why its best to stay calm evaluate the situation and try to get out of it. In a noisy situation bar, concert, party, etc, its easy to get close, act calm and get close without seeming aggressive.

You ever seen someone get shot from 20 ft away? Anything can happen that is why its best to stay calm evaluate the situation and try to get out of it. In a noisy situation bar, concert, party, etc, its easy to get close, act calm and get close without seeming aggressive.

Isn't that essentially the point I've been making?

Isn't that essentially the point I've been making?

Not really if that is what you intended you did a poor job of it. I though your point was I was gonna get stabbed if I get close to someone, hey isnt this a hand to hand fight thread anyways? I dont think it asked what do you do if the scenario police show up trying to kill your fun.

Not really if that is what you intended you did a poor job of it. I though your point was I was gonna get stabbed if I get close to someone, hey isnt this a hand to hand fight thread anyways? I dont think it asked what do you do if the scenario police show up trying to kill your fun.

I think you used that head butt one time too many. Better get it looked at. :)

Back
Top Bottom