• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Country Bumpkin headed to Grady Hospital; Expectations?

Oh for God's sake....I was there for for a severe motorcycle accident...went back for check ups regularly....My wife came to visit everyday for 2 weeks...zero issues...she traveled by herself. Yes they have detectors. Yes there are homeless. If my wife at all of 112lbs can brave it i'm sure you big strong men can do it..

Be sure that you don't have any valuables in your vehicle. The interior should be completely empty of anything that looks remotely tempting.

The Krispy Kreme on Ponce opened last Fall. Swing by on the way home and reward yourself.
Best friend learned that lesson there a few ago..

UPDATE

I went and saw my friend at Grady hospital today. I took the advice and part were a fellow member had suggested at the Cornell building which was a very wise choice.

Everything that I have read up to this point is pretty much a fact;

Besides a cavity search they scan you with pretty much everything in the book. Multiple entrances had metal detectors and body scanners and one security guard actually had a handheld wand that he used.

You can forget taking a pocket knife in they made me take mine back to the vehicle. It was little more than a fingernail clipper anyhow.

If you take the stairs you will be approached by homeless people that do not take no or not being talked to lightly.

My suggestion is if you're going to go to Grady to see someone make absolutely sure you don't have anything in your pocket other than your keys and your wallet and I would keep those in my front pockets.

I would also suggest that you go in the very middle of the day in the bright sunlight.

I pulled out of their parking garage on the gilmer Street and immediately put my EDC back together on my body and felt a little better about the whole situation.
Funny how demographics determine the threat level of an area, the need for extra layers of security and expected criminal activity. The liquor store and my doctor’s office here in Ellijay have these signs on the entrance door and we never have a problem. Wonder why?
F3A26615-5136-4888-9046-C58C4A863D7F.jpeg

Tape ( you can Saran Wrap them) 8 plastic knives together, use heat to melt them together ( it doesn’t have to be perfect) , sharpen the tip on a concrete floor. Then wrap it lightly in wrap again. Then tuck between your cheeks. If you have to use it, use an ice pick method. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

The "CIA Letter Opener" as made by Choate Machine & Tool and others works better and is less of a hassle...FWIW

Funny how demographics determine the threat level of an area, the need for extra layers of security and expected criminal activity. The liquor store and my doctor’s office here in Ellijay have these signs on the entrance door and we never have a problem. Wonder why?
View attachment 6826919
What liquor store? I need to give them some of my business due to that sign.

Back
Top Bottom