• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Proposed law to make owners of gun free zones liable

Yeah, we just need some more laws that keep dump people from doing dumb things. Those laws work great. Maybe we could use some more "common sense" gun laws while we're at it. No honest man needs more than.....Keep up the Fudd, sir.
The only comment I made, non-fudd, was to keep your business hidden. No reason at all to flash a weapon around folks, unless you are a leo or security, which is actually meant to harass a bit, IMHO. If laws offend you, go where there are none. See how you fair. Delta is ready when you are, but stay off the Boing flights.

It's not going to make anybody liable for a car break-in. I wouldn't support anything that removes a person's right to determine what is acceptable or unacceptable on their property. If you don't like the no gun sign take your business elsewhere.

Making someone liable for the criminal act of others is a very dubious step.
100% is will allow one to sue some one for car break in (property damage) that occurred on property that is a gun free zone.

"who is injured, suffers bodily injury or death, or incurs economic loss or expense, property damage, or any other compensable loss as the result of conduct of another person occurring on property where the lawful possession of weapons is prohibited, shall have a cause of action against the person, business,....."

Its not taking anyones right to determine anything away, what it is saying is that if you feel strongly enough to take that persons right away while they are on your property, YOU the property owner assume liability for their safety and the safety of their property and can be held liable.. You the property owner decide...

I love Walmart, I go there to people watch all the time. If I really want to spice things up I go to the GA National Fair in Perry or the Macon Cherry Blossom Festival. Good stuff there.

The only comment I made, non-fudd, was to keep your business hidden. No reason at all to flash a weapon around folks, unless you are a leo or security, which is actually meant to harass a bit, IMHO. If laws offend you, go where there are none. See how you fair. Delta is ready when you are, but stay off the Boing flights.
Thanks for the unsolicited life advice grampa.

The way it should be. I said something to a lady in a Antique Stone in North Carolina a couple years ago, when I got to the door and saw it said NO WEAPONS, I went to my truck and put it back in. When me and my old Pastor friend went in 2 ladies were behind the counter, and asked if they could answer any questions for us. Bam, door opened, I said yes, why do you have a sign on your door No Weapons, one of them said,"Because it's my store and I own it, I set the rules. I said OK so if I'm a law abiding citizen and, LEGALLY carrying a firearm and you make me leave it in my truck, like I did, going back and putting it up. If by chance someone comes in here and is a criminal or felon and shoots and kills me, my wife or my friends and y'all, guess who is going to get sued for not letting me LEGALLY defend myself and my family's safety. THE OWNER MAM. YOU. The other lady said he's right you know. She never said anything else but it put something in her head I do believe.

If it ain’t a government building it don’t mean ****

I love Walmart, I go there to people watch all the time. If I really want to spice things up I go to the GA National Fair in Perry or the Macon Cherry Blossom Festival. Good stuff there.
The Cherry Blossom Parade dude......gotta watch the freak show they call a parade.

Back
Top Bottom