• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

30 Super Carry ?

I don't wanna seem negative but I don't see this caliber gaining any traction. I own revolvers in 32 Long/H&R Magnum too and I dig them as well as the calibers. But if I had to place a big money bet I would bet on .30SC dying out before it even gets started good.

I don't wanna seem negative but I don't see this caliber gaining any traction. I own revolvers in 32 Long/H&R Magnum too and I dig them as well as the calibers. But if I had to place a big money bet I would bet on .30SC dying out before it even gets started good.

I'm not a fan of 100 grain pistol rounds and the price of the ammo I saw was a lot more than comparable 9mm ammo. No attraction for me personally.

I'm not a fan of 100 grain pistol rounds and the price of the ammo I saw was a lot more than comparable 9mm ammo. No attraction for me personally.
Yeah it was an answer to a question nobody was asking. Now I did see a Forgotten Weapons video where Ian was reviewing/shooting a Hi Point Carbine chambered for the 30SC round.
If memory serves me I believe the appeal of the 30SC round was increasing mag capacity. That's a good idea in theory but I don't believe that supports an entirely new caliber.

I was tempted when I found a Shield EZ on sale, but passed after coming to the conclusion that the 2 extra rounds weren't worth it compared to a 9mm version. I always carry a spare magazine anyways & the possibility having to go above 3-6 rounds in a defensive situation isn't that great according to statistics.

Also, it's just easier to find deals on 9mm defense ammo. Resale/trade value won't be as high if you ever decide to change your mind after getting one.

Mass production lowers cost...that makes it very difficult to establish a new caliber.

I don't see the 30sc as a threat to 9mm but my .380 is in trouble.
I don't see 380 being in any danger from 30SC. If micro 9s didn't do 380 in then this new caliber has WAY too far to go to take down 380.

Back
Top Bottom