• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Carry? Safe or Dangerous?

I'll be interested to see what results these various lawsuits turn up. So far, all these 'incidents' seem to have been LEO. With the military using them across the board you would think that they would have seen the same issues if it was strictly a design problem. Although they didn't have the drop-safe issue with military guns either so they may be different in some ways.

I'm guessing that there have probably been more NDs with a Glock than a 320. Way more out there and probably 99.999% of ND are user error.

In fact the last time I was at the Glock factory a guy came storming in saying his G19 'just went off'. They took him out back and when he left he was simply nodding his head while they walked him back out to the front. Someone else who was waiting asked him if they fixed it and he mumbled that it was all 'sorted out' and then left.

I’m not a fan of sig anyway… I didn’t like sig BEFORE the 320, so my opinion has nothing to do with AD reports…

But, if Folgers sent out the occasional bag of coffee with Anthrax in it, would you still stand behind it ?

I would still like to know what whoever has found faulty that fails and allows the striker to move forward. I cant recreate an accidental discharge with the ones i own unless the trigger or safeties are manipulated.

Sample size matters. Because some P320's do it doesn't necessarily mean that ALL P320's will do it. Problem is, you may never know if yours will.........until it does.

If sig couldn't recreate the issue I wouldn't think we can. Every manufacturer has had their own problems. But yes, if you watch 50 videos about the gun it's not very hard to come to a solid conclusion.

Who said SIG couldn't recreate the issue? You know this HOW?

I'll be interested to see what results these various lawsuits turn up. So far, all these 'incidents' seem to have been LEO. With the military using them across the board you would think that they would have seen the same issues if it was strictly a design problem. Although they didn't have the drop-safe issue with military guns either so they may be different in some ways.

I'm guessing that there have probably been more NDs with a Glock than a 320. Way more out there and probably 99.999% of ND are user error.

In fact the last time I was at the Glock factory a guy came storming in saying his G19 'just went off'. They took him out back and when he left he was simply nodding his head while they walked him back out to the front. Someone else who was waiting asked him if they fixed it and he mumbled that it was all 'sorted out' and then left.

The military is not using the same gun, so you cannot compare. The military M17/M18 has a manual thumb safety, which could make all the difference in the world with the issue at hand.

The difference is that Glock ND's are exactly that........ND's, with the key word being "negligent". If P320's are discharging with no external manipulation or input, then that is an AD, and it is out of the users' control.

At the end of the day, gun companies are COMPANIES. We like to think of us gun folks as a community, and many expect firearms' manufacturers to be more honest and above board than auto companies (how many of them have hidden safety issues, and fudged horsepower / fuel economy numbers?) and the like.

Well, they ain't.

The #1 priority of large companies like these is to make a profit. Anything they do is with an eye on the bottom line. Every gun company is fighting for their piece of the civilian market, as well as lucrative government (local, state, and federal) and military contracts.

We decry companies like Colt, S&W, and SAI for catering to the anti-gun folks, but expect other companies not to hide issues that will cost them money to fix? They acknowledge the problem, the brand takes a hit, AND they have to pay money to correct it.

Never forget, when the "drop issue" surfaced on the original P320's, it was found that SIG knew about the issue all along, and chose not to acknowledge or fix it. This is not an issue specific to SIG; other companies have done it.

I remember when Glock was schmoozing for contracts. They were flying interested parties into ATL, taking them to the plant in Smyrna, then taking them out for booze and hookers. They had regular "contracts" with places like the Gold Club.

SIG was bribing officials within TSA and the FAMS to make sure the P250 was the next duty handgun for the FAMS, and it nearly succeeded.

Pretty sure based on what?
Based on later investigations. It’s been awhile now, but I’m pretty sure there was a follow up video or article, that the officer had modified his holster to defeat the retention mechanism. I’m not even motivated enough to hunt it down.
Companies promote videos that show others in a bad light and cover up their companies bad videos. There are multi million dollar companies that only do this. Some are better than others.

Y’all know my distrust of media, even down to you tube.

Back
Top Bottom