• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What and how do you carry while you run?

In addition to my earlier post. I would also recommend a POM pepper spray as ya may need and use that for a situation that arises that does not call for a firearm but something more than a harsh word or again maybe a dog or the like. It’s super light and easy to tote and very potent. That is an addition for me, not a instead of

I was serious with my advice though. Maybe find a safer place to jog, where you dont NEED a gun... and enjoy yourself man.

Exercise is supposed to be relaxing. Training is supposed to be stressful. Decide which you're doing i guess.

No such thing as a public space where I don’t feel that I need a gun.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting I get to decide when and where bad things will happen to me. I could probably just tell them it’s a bad time and reschedule to when I’m not exercising.

Unfortunately, I’ve already had enough real world experience happen places where I was supposed to be relaxing to buy into that.

I guess I should have known that mentioning exercise and actually using/carrying your firearms would be a controversial combo on ODT.

Yeah, I’ve met a lot of ODT members. Not many struck me as runners……or gym rats……or any sorta fitness……unless you count fitting’ dis pizza in dere mouf.

Funny... i never got robbed in the ****ing woods. Ask a silly question and you'll probably get silly answers.

Heres your options -

1. Wear a chest holster
2. Buy a 2 shot derringer
3. Run with floppy pockets
4. Run in full kit
5. Run somewhere you dont need a gun
6. Dont run

Just being realistic dude. Dont take it personally...

I’ve never been robbed ANYWHERE…….but I still carry a gun EVERYWHERE.

IMG_1193.gif

When I read comments on odt

I know the OP.

He’s had to use justified deadly force to protect himself. He’s still here to talk about it.

On a different occasion, he gave trauma care to a subject who was shot multiple times. Stayed on the scene when the paramedics arrived, and gave them some of his med supplies because they were better than what the ambulance carried.

Most LEO’s don’t have the experience that he has.

I’m laughing my ass off at some of the know-it-alls trashing on a dude whose real world experience trumps their’s in spades.

He’s willing to come out here and ask for advice, because he knows that no matter how much ya know, there’s always someone that knows more.

Please, y’all keep on digging that hole. I’ve had a looong day and could use the laughs!

Back
Top Bottom