• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How old were you when you first fired a gun?

Guns I loved shooting as a kid, my dad's SKS and Makarov. I guess ammo was so cheap for them in the 90's it was the two guns he didn't mind me just loading and shooting till we we wore out.

Also the 22's. He had a old Ruger standard and a heritage revolver with a stupid long barrel, Marlin model 60's and 39.

We always had bigger bore revolvers and leverage actions, but he didn't let me load and shoot those near as much as the SKS and mak.

First rifle he gave was a Marlin 35rem. Still hunt with it to this day.

I realized I never said what I shot first despite asking the question. My first was my dad's Belgian SA22 rifle. I still have it, one of the few I have. Still shoots like the day it was made, and I'm meticulous about keeping it clean and working. Only issue I've ever had was the extractor spring needing to be replaced. He literally bought it the day he was naturalized, with his citizenship certificate in hand. Said it was the only thing he hadn't done(besides voting) and wanted to buy a gun at the local shop. They sold him this nice little Browning, which he gave to me, and I'm planning on giving to my kid.

I'd say around 8 or 9, my dad's .22. Pellet gun before that. First shotgun was about 12, a single shot 20 gauge. First hunt probably 13, went quail hunting with my dad and uncle.

12 yrs old. My friends dad took us dove hunting with a 12 gauge and I got 2. He cleaned and cooked them for us, they were delicious
I got a Red Ryder BB gun when I was 6 and didn't shoot my eye out

Back
Top Bottom