• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Carry? Safe or Dangerous?

Holy ****!!! Did you notice the part where he said he normally appendix carries?
I just paid attention that this is a guy that makes gun videos, yet doesn’t record his fist outing at a tournament, even after he’s fired several hundred rounds in preparation.

Unless some one slams you on your head, hard enough to make the gun come out and strike the ground. I think you are good, and even then you had like a one in a bizillion chance of a problem. They did a recall (even though it was never reproduced in a controlled setting) that would fix any problem that may or may not have been an issue anyway.
Wasn’t there dudes hitting 320s with mallets and making them go off? So if you slip in a fight for your life situation or a fell on your ahhh situation it can go off?

The only way I will consider AIWB is with a DA/SA pistol, so I can keep a thumb on the hammer when holstering. I will do this occasionally with my J frame 638. I usually pocket carry it, though.

I carry around 4 o’clock. I can reach the gun with either hand, if need be, and believe I can protect it from that position if someone tried to grab it from me. Situational awareness helps a lot…Plus I’ve practiced drawing and reholstering a lot from this position, over the course of years, so it works for me. YMMV.

I have owned a P320 and P365. In my mind I never did trust them completely, so I got rid of them. Too many safety concerns surrounding them to ever be completely comfortable carrying them.

Just my personal take.

Case in point. Every time there is video of the incident it's debunked. Caused by what I said is the main concern. Something other than you pulling the trigger. In the Montville video they froze and zoomed in on his holster when he was wrestling with the guy. The gun wasn't locked into the holster. It was half in the holster. He either didn't holster it correctly or it got released somehow. We'll never know. It wasn't visible when it went off, but something pulled the trigger and he slapped it back into the holster instinctively after it went off. It's understandable he though it just "went off", but it didn't. The trigger wasn't protected by the holster. Same thing probably happened to the guy in the other video. When the cause of a gun just going off is a mechanical malfunction, it is easy for experts to figure out. It happens. Usually as the result of modifications, bad gunsmithing, and old guns with loose and worn out parts. When its a complete mystery, something pulled the trigger somehow. Glock went through this decades ago. All these lawsuits and claims that police were having all these accidental discharges because the gun would just go off. No one ever figured out why. All the guns were functioning perfectly.

Case in point. Every time there is video of the incident it's debunked. Caused by what I said is the main concern. Something other than you pulling the trigger. In the Montville video they froze and zoomed in on his holster when he was wrestling with the guy. The gun wasn't locked into the holster. It was half in the holster. He either didn't holster it correctly or it got released somehow. We'll never know. It wasn't visible when it went off, but something pulled the trigger and he slapped it back into the holster instinctively after it went off. It's understandable he though it just "went off", but it didn't. The trigger wasn't protected by the holster. Same thing probably happened to the guy in the other video. When the cause of a gun just going off is a mechanical malfunction, it is easy for experts to figure out. It happens. Usually as the result of modifications, bad gunsmithing, and old guns with loose and worn out parts. When its a complete mystery, something pulled the trigger somehow. Glock went through this decades ago. All these lawsuits and claims that police were having all these accidental discharges because the gun would just go off. No one ever figured out why. All the guns were functioning perfectly.

"Every time" is incorrect. The case I mentioned indirectly above in this post is currently in arbitration. No "debunking" that I'm aware of so far.

In the Montville video they froze and zoomed in on his holster when he was wrestling with the guy. The gun wasn't locked into the holster. It was half in the holster. He either didn't holster it correctly or it got released somehow. We'll never know. It wasn't visible when it went off, but something pulled the trigger and he slapped it back into the holster instinctively after it went off. It's understandable he though it just "went off", but it didn't. The trigger wasn't protected by the holster. Same thing probably happened to the guy in the other video. When the cause of a gun just going off is a mechanical malfunction, it is easy for experts to figure out. It happens. Usually as the result of modifications, bad gunsmithing, and old guns with loose and worn out parts. When its a complete mystery, something pulled the trigger somehow. Glock went through this decades ago. All these lawsuits and claims that police were having all these accidental discharges because the gun would just go off. No one ever figured out why. All the guns were functioning perfectly.

I just paid attention that this is a guy that makes gun videos, yet doesn’t record his fist outing at a tournament, even after he’s fired several hundred rounds in preparation.
Do you think he screwed up when holstering? Totally possible and still makes my point about why it's bad to appendix carry.

"Every time" is incorrect. The case I mentioned indirectly above in this post is currently in arbitration. No "debunking" that I'm aware of so far.
Sorry man. I don't know what case you're talking about. Is it the police cam video of the cops wrestling with the guy when a P320's AD's? My 1st comment was just to the guy worried about his his P320 just going off. I did't see the videos before posting that. I'm just glancing through comments here. I have seen the video analysis of that. There's more than one P320 AD caught on camera. I incorrectly got that one confused with another video of a female officer carrying a duffel bag to her patrol car when her pistol AD's. In the body cam video you actually see the officer smack the gun that's about to fall out of the holster with his elbow. There is several of these videos, and it's not just P320's. In every video I've seen people were doing things that could snag the trigger of an unsecured half holstered gun. No one is just sitting there completely idle. No one is ever able to replicate the discharge. Now drop safe is a different story. The P320 had an issue and fixed it. I believe that incident opened Sig up to all this blame for "going off" out of the blue, and everyone that has an AD with the P320 is going to cash in. Sig is likely just going to settle and pay everything hoping this goes away. I'll never consider that proof the gun just goes off. It's never anyone just sitting idle caught on camera, and the gun that just goes off never does it again. Perhaps I'm wrong. Tomorrow one of these AD guns may be proven to go off if it's loaded with just a mild bump, but I doubt it. Especially when you see who's funding all these lawsuits against Sig. It's a bunch of anti-gun groups, so now I feel the need to defend a gun I've owned and didn't even like. You really think Sig P320's just AD all on their own or at the slightest bump? It's some kind of super secret un-diagnosable issue? You think Sig flooded the civilian market and the military with a bunch of unsafe pistols?

At one point Glock had some controversy about ADs, I didn’t know much if anything about the 320 then. I’m more of a 226 guy. That being said I was pushing for our department to go to the 226. Then all of a sudden there were all these reports about Sig 320. Needless to say they didn’t give my suggestion much credence.
Hell they even considered that Taurus they presented to the military. They just stayed with Glock.

For safety, I’m not a fan of striker fired weapons, although I’ve excepted them over time.
Doesn’t take about 30 seconds for someone to make any of then dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom