• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Carry? Safe or Dangerous?

I carried a P320X compact appendix for a year. No issues personally, but I'm going to search up the breakdown someone did recently on Twitter and it makes sense why this keeps happening and it is 100% a design flaw imo.

You may have also seen the hostage rescue recently in Arizona, watched the bodycam and not one but 2 sig spears jam during the rescue. Call me crazy, but there's too many questionable outcomes to just brush off the problems sig seems to be having.

I always appreciated this quote by John Farnam:

"There is not truly a way to handle guns 'safely'. Guns are, by nature, meant to be dangerous. That's why they're such great tools in the field we find them in. We can however, handle guns carefully, and deliberately. And if we do so, we can go about our lives with no quantifiable problems."

I was running a live-fire drill for some Air Marshals during my time as a Firearms Instructors there.

A supervisor, who had not been there for the safety brief, course description, or demonstration, was watching as I ran a few FAMs through the course. He came up to my and asked, "Don't you think this drill is dangerous?"

I responded, "F*** yeah it's dangerous! Those guns are LOADED!"

P320 is safe the cops that AD the p320 not so much.

It is interesting to note that there are TONS of P320's floating around on here - yet I have not heard of anyone with first hand experience with a weapon activated "unintended" discharge. My sample pool is shallow, but still.

It is interesting to note that there are TONS of P320's floating around on here - yet I have not heard of anyone with first hand experience with a weapon activated "unintended" discharge. My sample pool is shallow, but still.

Plenty of solid videos that have made the rounds of the LE and training communities.

I was running a live-fire drill for some Air Marshals during my time as a Firearms Instructors there.

A supervisor, who had not been there for the safety brief, course description, or demonstration, was watching as I ran a few FAMs through the course. He came up to my and asked, "Don't you think this drill is dangerous?"

I responded, "F*** yeah it's dangerous! Those guns are LOADED!"

Guy was a typical, clueless Supervisory Civil Service type, I'm guessing...LOL!

Back
Top Bottom