• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Carry? Safe or Dangerous?

Screenshot_20240201-092159.png

From what I heard it’s the p320 line I believe they fixed it in Aug 2017? They never recalled any of the pistols just put out a “voluntary upgrade program.” Just get the 2020+ models. U should be ok. Or just build one yourself with custom works fcu.
Not the case. There are still issues. See the latest video with a holstered gun just going off.

I get it. People like to guzzle the juices of the brands they have purchased, but there is sooooooo much evidence out there of failing 320, I don't understand why anyone would carry em.

Funny thing is, I haven’t heard of any of them (any brand) just going off in a safe that isn’t on fire. If there was a true issue of them “just going off” there would be those as well. It’s human error, maybe not something obvious, but still some sort of human error.
That's not necessarily how it works. Couple things playing against your very simpleton thought process. The main one difference being that while sitting in a safe, there are zero external forces applying pressure. No movement. No rattling. Nothing. And, most people that put a gun in a safe don't keep a round in the chamber.

I defended the 320 for a while, but there is simply too much evidence out there showing, at best, the questionable safety of the 320 series.

They've sold hundreds of thousands of P320s.
There's probably only been 100 or so credible cases of them going boom when they're not supposed to. I think the most recent lawsuit is about 100 complainants. So 100 complainants out of 100's of thousands of people owning sig P320's.

If you have an elementary understanding of mathematics you should be able to understand why you've never heard of an ODT member (roughly 10,000 members? of which only a fraction own P320's) has never experienced this issue. It makes perfect statistical sense that it wouldn't be something that has struck this small community.

It's unlikely an ODT member will experience this issue. But that doesn't negate the fact there is something going on. There is way to much evidence pointing to failure given the right circumstances.

If you're odds of winning the power ball were one in a few hundred thousand everyone would be rushing to the 7/11 to buy as many tickets as possible, it would seem like great odds, you'd fantasize all night about your chances of winning.

I value my dick and femoral artery more than winning the power ball. Maybe others don't.

Hello everyone, I’m sure you all have heard of the 320 scares and as someone who Carries appendix, i’d like to have more peace of mind.
What are you personal opinions on the safety of the Sig P320 line.
Please share you opinion/stories/examples if you have any.
I have reached out to a good number of people and got their opinions but I am all ears to the public. Thanks ODT
I always err on the side of caution. So if you gotta ask then..............

Back
Top Bottom