• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2019 nissan frontier? do i

I bought 2019 King cab 4x4 back in Dec. I love the truck, you sit in it like a truck, unlike the Taco, has a simple 5sp. auto not some 6-10sp who knows what, has pump assisted steering not electronic, no fancy lane or cruise assist ( you know what those sensors cost, $1,500+ a mirror etc..), no plastic or aluminum bed and a whole lot lets nanny bs than the others. What it does have is 260hp and torque, 6,600lbs towing and 15 years of being in production.

I would not own a Nissan car after 2008 or so if you gave it to me and would not even consider the new Frontier coming out with 8 or 9 speed thanks and smaller v6 but, the second gen., 05-2020 is a solid and problem free truck as much as the Tacoma was until 2015 when they changed motors and trans.

After market parts are more expensive but if you want to build a truck up, start with a used ford or chevy.
I have a good friend that's been Nissan loyal since the 80s. The last Pathfinder he had was loaded but had a 5 speed manual. So I asked him why he went with the manual transmission and he told me that tha automatic transmission for those model Pathfinders were over $3K before labor. He found that out the hard way.

I think ill drive both and see what I like

any greasy car dealers on here around the atlanta area wanna give me a deal:)
I think ill drive both and see what I like

any greasy car dealers on here around the atlanta area wanna give me a deal:)

Best deal I found on Nissan was in Chattanooga but, I went local for about 600 more for other reasons. Right at 28k including the $2,3??.00 TVAT. That said Butler sucks and I kew that going in.

I have a good friend that's been Nissan loyal since the 80s. The last Pathfinder he had was loaded but had a 5 speed manual. So I asked him why he went with the manual transmission and he told me that tha automatic transmission for those model Pathfinders were over $3K before labor. He found that out the hard way.
Todays motors are all pretty reliable, the new transmissions they don't even rebuild them, so 6-8k, a key for your keyless start $600+++ a cruise sensor or lane assist sensor$2-600 plus 2hrs of dealer labor and computer.

I wouldnt touch a Nissan. Company changed over to profit model with throw away drive trains. The best way to measure their quality is to check the resale value 4-5 years used models.
They are indeed the chrysler of japanese cars now. I wouldnt touch one

I wouldnt touch a Nissan. Company changed over to profit model with throw away drive trains. The best way to measure their quality is to check the resale value 4-5 years used models.
They might better find them a Bruce Lee Iacocca and fast!

Cars YES, about 2008, Frontiers and Titans not yet, probably the new gen3 will be.

im passing on the ranger, they just brought it back and im not a fan of "new" generation vehicles" anything GM is out the door for me, I don't want no Mexican made bull****. that leaves Nissan or Toyota. didn't care for the ridgeline either IMO

The GM twin Canyon/Colorado trucks are built in Wentzville Missouri and the Ranger in Wayne Michigan.

The Ranger is good truck, but a turbo 4 engine is a no go for me. It get great reviews though... Ford used to dominate the compact truck market with the Rangers of old, but they neglected them for so long, I don't know if they can be #1 again. They need to do much better to gain it back on the next Ranger. The Honda might be fine for some people, but I have never been a fan of a unibody car based truck.

Todays motors are all pretty reliable, the new transmissions they don't even rebuild them, so 6-8k, a key for your keyless start $600+++ a cruise sensor or lane assist sensor$2-600 plus 2hrs of dealer labor and computer.
That was my point earlier. If Nissan has kept it simple and still sells base model truck then that is definitely the way to go.

I think you're comparing Altimas and Rogues to the truck line. Somewhere in the early 00s Nissan got in bed with Renault. That's how we got those weird looking Maximas and CVT transmissions. For the record I don't trust ANY CVT transmission. Ford tried it and failed.
Anyway, even in the late 90s when Nissan's sales numbers were in the toilet the trucks and Sentras were still selling. Just like any other car company they're good at what they're good at.

Back
Top Bottom