• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2019 nissan frontier? do i

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
time for a new vehicle. im liking the frontier, want it to be daily driver for most part. I don't plan on doing a ton of offroad if any at all, may even skip 4x4 option but who knows.

comes with 3 engine options (a 4cylinder and 2 style 6 cylinders)

msrp is right under20K or so. anyone have any experience with the frontiers? I like the fact that they are pretty basic and have largely remained unchanged since the mid 2000s

After my wifes Murano and my coworkers Sentra you couldn't get me in a Nissan anything. I would look for a used Taco if you are wanting a small truck in that price range.

so no to nissan and yes to a taco?

the Tacoma's, looks like 5 or 6 trim models? im wondering which engine to get (im not doing a lot of offroading if any so the offroad packages don't apply to me)

Buy what YOU like as you are the one that will live with it everyday and have to pay for it! Everybody has their own preferences. I'd advise you to shop around some, to make sure that's the best one for you. Frontier, Tacoma, Canyon/Colorado and Ranger are the smaller trucks. I always get the biggest engine I can, so the V6 is a must in a Frontier or Tacoma. If you ever load it up or want to tow, you'll want it over the smaller inline 4.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Nissan/Frontier/

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Tacoma/

Buy what YOU like as you are the one that will live with it everyday and have to pay for it! Everybody has their own preferences. I'd advise you to shop around some, to make sure that's the best one for you. Frontier, Tacoma, Canyon/Colorado and Ranger are the smaller trucks. I always get the biggest engine I can, so the V6 is a must in a Frontier or Tacoma. If you ever load it up or want to tow, you'll want it over the smaller inline 4.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Nissan/Frontier/

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Tacoma/
I had an s10 with an inline 4, did the job but the mpg difference between the 4 and the 6 isn't large enough to consider the 4 as a abetter option. im going with the 6 cylinder

im passing on the ranger, they just brought it back and im not a fan of "new" generation vehicles" anything GM is out the door for me, I don't want no Mexican made bull****. that leaves Nissan or Toyota. didn't care for the ridgeline either IMO

I have a 2005 Frontier SE V6 4x4 and like it. I'm pushing 190k with no major issues (wheel bearing assembly, a couple of sensors). I am a Toyota fan myself ( I own a 4th 4runner and a 200 Series Land Cruiser also), but the Frontier is cheaper by a long shot.

The Frontier sits like a truck versus the car like way the Tacoma sits (seating), had 4 wheel disc brakes versus the drum brakes on the Tacoma. I like Tacomas, but the cost of entry isn't cheap. IMHO you can't go wrong with the Frontier, but it won't have the bells and whistles that the Tacoma has.

I have a 2005 Frontier SE V6 4x4 and like it. I'm pushing 190k with no major issues (wheel bearing assembly, a couple of sensors). I am a Toyota fan myself ( I own a 4th 4runner and a 200 Series Land Cruiser also), but the Frontier is cheaper by a long shot.

The Frontier sits like a truck versus the car like way the Tacoma sits (seating), had 4 wheel disc brakes versus the drum brakes on the Tacoma. I like Tacomas, but the cost of entry isn't cheap. IMHO you can't go wrong with the Frontier, but it won't have the bells and whistles that the Tacoma has.
I am super basic, replace stuff on my own and do it myself kinda guy

I was leaning towards frontier based on the fact they haven't changed a lot since 2005 (so plenty of parts and reliability issues worked out). the disc brakes versus the drum is also appealing as I prefer to work on disc brakes, so that is something to consider. all have timing chains now, so no stupid belt replacements every 80K miles or whatever save for the serpentine belt which aint ****.

I guess I just need to drive both and pick one

Back
Top Bottom