• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2019 nissan frontier? do i

I am super basic, replace stuff on my own and do it myself kinda guy

I was leaning towards frontier based on the fact they haven't changed a lot since 2005 (so plenty of parts and reliability issues worked out). the disc brakes versus the drum is also appealing as I prefer to work on disc brakes, so that is something to consider. all have timing chains now, so no stupid belt replacements every 80K miles or whatever save for the serpentine belt which aint ****.

I guess I just need to drive both and pick one

I'd buy another, but I keep my vehicles. Toyota's are better at resale for sure, and I wouldn't turn my nose at the right deal, but when it came time for me to buy a used truck, I paid half for the Frontier than I would have for the same vintage Tacoma.

I have a 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, a little more than you are looking at. It is my daily driver and after 24k I still hop in it over my Camry or wife's RAV4. I'm averaging 24 mpg in both city and hwy driving. Rides like a long wheel base SUV and does everything I need it to. BTW, it is slighter shorter than a standard pickup with 8 ft bed. I looked at the Tacoma and several others; but liked it better by a long shot.

My neighbor has a Frontier. Personally I like my Toyota Tacoma SR5 Prerunner better.
Well of course. The SR5 package pretty much means optioned out. But I'm sure even a mid range Tacoma is a good bit more than the Frontier. And that's where the attraction of the Frontier comes into play. You can tell they're the best deal in the truck market by the fact that parts stores like O'Reilly has been buying and using them since Ford killed the old style Ranger.
Like chucklenut chucklenut said keep it basic. When you do there's no seat motors and window motors to break and cost more money. Two of my friends have very late model Frontiers and I was surprised how much bigger they look than the old Hardbody trucks. If I had the cash or credit for a new(ish) truck that's the route I'd go. I would love to see them put a diesel option in the Frontier like they did the Titan.

i've got an 04 frontier with zero issues but i've heard horror stories of the later models. v6 is a must and personally i'd look at a taco esp if looking at a newer one. but depending on what your looking for you can still find older low millage frontiers for cheap. i paid less than 3k for mine and it was a 4 door with less than 130k. i did all the standard maintenance stuff to it when i got it and after that its been as reliable as i could ask for and drive it to work daily.

I bought 2019 King cab 4x4 back in Dec. I love the truck, you sit in it like a truck, unlike the Taco, has a simple 5sp. auto not some 6-10sp who knows what, has pump assisted steering not electronic, no fancy lane or cruise assist ( you know what those sensors cost, $1,500+ a mirror etc..), no plastic or aluminum bed and a whole lot lets nanny bs than the others. What it does have is 260hp and torque, 6,600lbs towing and 15 years of being in production.

I would not own a Nissan car after 2008 or so if you gave it to me and would not even consider the new Frontier coming out with 8 or 9 speed thanks and smaller v6 but, the second gen., 05-2020 is a solid and problem free truck as much as the Tacoma was until 2015 when they changed motors and trans.

After market parts are more expensive but if you want to build a truck up, start with a used ford or chevy.

I think ill drive both and see what I like

any greasy car dealers on here around the atlanta area wanna give me a deal:)
Basically it's gonna work like this. Take your beating now or later. Because as Ray Liotta said in Goodfellas " Sooner or later everybody takes a beating." And by that I mean that Toyota is Toyota. The brand cannot be beaten pretty much anywhere in the world. But that reputation comes with a pretty steep buy in. So if you wanna go Toyota even used you gotta step up to the plate and pay what it costs. 5 to 10 years down the road it will still be worth good money. But that only matters if you plan to sell or trade out of it in the future. Now if you plan to drive it into oblivion and not get rid of it then I'd go with the Nissan. They've been making trucks probably as long as Toyota and they know what they're doing. So the Frontier or Titan won't book out as good as the Tacoma or Tundra. Who cares?
And for the record I like the base model option with the Frontier. The Tacoma may be available that way too but I'm not sure. Same reason I dig Subaru. All their models are still available with base model packages with steel wheels and plain cloth seats. But the AWD is standard.

Back
Top Bottom