• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2008 ford escape (V-6) problems.

Hard to say.
The filter may be in the correct orientation.

Sometimes when things are working right or better, the stress shifts to something else breaks.

Ford fuel filters can be a huge pain to change requiring special tools to loosen them from the clips on the ends of the fuel lines. I have had many arm washes with gasoline changing them in the 2000's.

Well on this model, if you are in an accident it has a safety feature that shuts off the fuel pump. There is a reset button you have to press to reset it. It is located on the passenger side of the vehicle in a panel in front of the front door. So in the event the fuel pump shut off a warning light comes on and lets you know to reset it.
I am well aware of Fords inertia switch. I have never seen a "fuel pump reset" light. Please post a pic if you can

Enjoy.
MVC-079S.JPG

Reactions: MRM
MRM said:
I did a quick search to see if it was possible. Some filters are not easily installed backwards.
The one I saw for yours would be easily installed backwards, by a moron that can't see the arrow on the filter.

The arrow point to the gas tank, right?

When you run a diagnostic test on this model, and it shows that one of the coils on one of the spark plugs is bad, does it tell you which one it is? Asking for a friend.:)

40mph... the Computer put the car is in SAFE mode. Pull the codes
Sounds like the fuel pressure is too low
It sure sounds like the fair safe feature kicked in. However, according to my owners manual only the 2.3L I4 engine has the fail safe cooling feature. My wife's engine is the 3.0L, V-6, so not sure if the owners manual is wrong or what. Sounds like I need a Ford mechanic to answer that question. This sucks, and mama is not happy. So much for Happy Wife, Happy Life. :(

Back
Top Bottom