• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wife bought a Big green egg. now what?

If you want recipes, get the big green egg app for the iPhone/android. It's loaded with recipes and people post new ones daily.

I have one of those too. It gets used like an oven so we don't heat up the kitchen. Lots of dinners cooked in a cast iron skillet over the gas flame.

That's allowable. Tried that once with my charcoal grill. Makes food taste like smoke. Not in a good hickory flavor way. Like my tator tots taste like the charcoal way.

Pardon my ignorance but whats so special about these things? Aren't they just like a regular charcoal grill?
Was the Mona Lisa just a regular portrait?
Was Babe Ruth just a regular ball player?
Is the 1911 just a regular semi-auto pistol?
Is the Biltmore house just another country home?
Occasionally that thing will come along that is not "just a thing" but the paragon of all that is right with that category of things. The BGE is that thing.

Was the Mona Lisa just a regular portrait?
Was Babe Ruth just a regular ball player?
Is the 1911 just a regular semi-auto pistol?
Is the Biltmore house just another country home?
Occasionally that thing will come along that is not "just a thing" but the paragon of all that is right with that category of things. The BGE is that thing.
Ha. I wouldn't go that far. I love my bge but it is nowhere near the first of its kind. This style of cooker has been around for thousands of years. Big green egg makes a great kamado but so do other brands.

Ha. I wouldn't go that far. I love my bge but it is nowhere near the first of its kind. This style of cooker has been around for thousands of years. Big green egg makes a great kamado but so do other brands.
Haven't tried the others, I am sure they are good as well. Love my Egg. Have cooked professionally for 40+ years and can produce a better piece of meat on it than any cooking equipment I have ever worked with. Thought at one time about putting two xlgs in my restaurant.

I agree that it is an amazing cooker. It's super versatile as well. I have 3 komados myself (1 is a large bge) and they are all fantastic. I don't own any other type of grill. I just think it's funny when people think the green egg guys invented this product. They just happen to have the biggest marketing department.

Back
Top Bottom