• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wife bought a Big green egg. now what?

You used to get a cookbook with every egg. Now you have to buy it. It is made up of egg customers who have submitted their own twist to recipes. You can Google most of them. I don't buy the BGE. Charcoal anymore because they seem to be using small/ tiny useless pieces. The larger the better for airflow. Kroger sells a brand that I think is better but can't recall the name. It's a plain brown looking bag. Congrats...now teach her how to use it. :thumb:

th[6].jpg

Just Google cooking a (insert meat here) on the BGE. That will get you started.

You used to get a cookbook with every egg. Now you have to buy it. It is made up of egg customers who have submitted their own twist to recipes. You can Google most of them. I don't buy the BGE. Charcoal anymore because they seem to be using small/ tiny useless pieces. The larger the better for airflow. Kroger sells a brand that I think is better but can't recall the name. It's a plain brown looking bag. Congrats...now teach her how to use it. :thumb:
I've been happy with the lump charcoal I buy at Kroger, as well.

That's funny-- "organic" charcoal. Since organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon, and charcoal is... carbon.

Pick up a Cast Iron top vent, Turkey and chicken stand, or use a beer can for the Chicken. Get a pizza slap and Red cedar plank for fish..It is a smoker that you can control the temp on and the smoke level..

Back
Top Bottom