• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What was your Granny’s cough syrup recipe?

In the very early 70's when I was 12 and 13, my mom would take me to the hospital at Fort McPherson when I had a bad cough. The pharmacy there would give us something nicknamed "G.I. Gin". It was nasty and would kill or cure you.
Screenshot_20231214_221236_Chrome.jpg

Funny you should ask. Ive just had about 6 weeks of coughing, no other cold symptoms just the cough. I only do natural remedies snd Ive been doing a bunch of experimenting. What has worked well for me is onions boiled with with a bit of water and good bit of honey. Every few hours i take a couple spoons full. Also make a poultice of onions, put on chest and use a heating pad on top of it.. works wonders. All the other formulas mentioned have merit as well.

Tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of honey, 3 tablespoons of bourbon. Heated to mix, then a tablespoon every few minutes. Granny added molasses to hers.

Kids dose only had 2 tablespoons of bourbon.

Still using it today, made some for the wife twice this week.

My dad said they made theirz with local shine, local honey, peppermint sticks and some cinnamon.

His grandma was a Muscogee indian and he said they had a remedy for pretty much everything 👍

Back
Top Bottom