• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prime Rib Recipes

slow cook(in the oven) for a few hours(at 200) 4 hours or so...to 120....rest for 15-20 minuets, then back in the oven to brown...that's how the BIG restaurants do....just watched it on several shows....also depends on the "dunness of your crowd"

I've used this recipe/concept for the last decade with no failures -

Sent from my 6165S using Tapatalk

Dec 12, 2023

I rub the roast with garlic infused butter all over then Course garlic, Paprika and thyme all over the roast fairly heavy, make sure you do the sides. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees and when you put the roast in drop temp down to 475. Now this is very important how well you want it to be..I like it rare so I cook 8 minutes per pound, at the end of that turn the oven off but don't open the door..Let it sit inside for 2 hrs before you open the door. Once you do pull it out and carve. If you have some that want it more well done just drop the slice in a hot pan for a second to desired wellness. It is easier to cook slices to desired wellness than to overcook to start with..Enjoy and let me know how it turns out! I like to put One and a half to two inches of thick sliced Vidalia onions under the roast and add Barbecue sauce to the onions only and set the roast bone side down..Trust me the onions will be great.

Last Christmas I smoked a prime rib and it turned out great. I softened 2 sticks of butter and mixed it with Herb De Provence. I smeared the butter all over the meat and put in on the roasting pan. I set my pellet grill at 250 let it smoke until it hit 130. Pulled it off and let it rest for 30 minutes and it was a perfect 135 medium rare. I've done it like that before but with a high temp sear before smoking but honestly it doesn't need the sear. It's delicious just smoking it. Nobody complained about it. Probably because their mouths were full. I'm going to roast some baby gold potatoes and do some prosciutto wrapped asparagus as sides. Should be good eats. Tonight is the beginning of Festivus. I picked up a bushel of oysters yesterday and we're going to knock them out. I'm going to try something different tonight. I have a pot of collards I cooked the other night. I'm going to try some Oyster Rockefeller using the collards. A restaurant in Darien does them and they are delicious.

Back
Top Bottom