• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

why no xd?

I just don't understand all the hatred for xd's. I've had one for around 7 years and carry it more often than my glocks. I think they're great guns. All my glock buddies that I shoot with have been blown away by what a good shooting gun it is.

I just don't understand all the hatred for xd's. I've had one for around 7 years and carry it more often than my glocks. I think they're great guns. All my glock buddies that I shoot with have been blown away by what a good shooting gun it is.
They shoot pretty good. A little top heavy for my taste/style...but a pretty good trigger and overall decent shooting gun. As mentioned many times throughout this thread and many others though...Springfield went out of business a long time ago. Someone else picked up the name and is currently passing off Croatian guns as "Springfields"....hence my "stolen valor" remarks. I don't care how well they shoot. They need to drop the name and come up with their own and build their own reputation. I don't buy "Shrade" knives made in China either for the same reason...though I'm sure they are fine blades.

Only XD is really liked was the XD45 Compact. Very good shooter, I'd like to own another one one day.
One of my nephews in the Army has one, he really likes his. I haven't shot it yet but he's supposed to bring it with him next time he comes to Ga. to visit.

One of my nephews in the Army has one, he really likes his. I haven't shot it yet but he's supposed to bring it with him next time he comes to Ga. to visit.

The XD45 Compact just shoots well. Can't really pin point exactly why but it just works and I was always able to put holes where I wanted. The recoil is very smooth as well. It's kinda like how some folks swear that the 45acp Glocks are more accurate than the Glocks in other calibers. You're not sure why it is but it just is.

The XD45 Compact just shoots well. Can't really pin point exactly why but it just works and I was always able to put holes where I wanted. The recoil is very smooth as well. It's kinda like how some folks swear that the 45acp Glocks are more accurate than the Glocks in other calibers. You're not sure why it is but it just is.
I think it has a lot to do with the round itself, just about every .45 ACP gun I've ever shot was very accurate. I had a Springfield Ultra Compact years ago with only a 3 5/8" barrel that would outshoot a Browning Hi Power all day long. My youngest son has it now, I have two 1911's (Colt & Wilson) but I want a Glock 30s REAL BAD. Lol!

I think it has a lot to do with the round itself, just about every .45 ACP gun I've ever shot was very accurate. I had a Springfield Ultra Compact years ago with only a 3 5/8" barrel that would outshoot a Browning Hi Power all day long. My youngest son has it now, I have two 1911's (Colt & Wilson) but I want a Glock 30s REAL BAD. Lol!

I'm probably gotta get flamed for what I'm about to say but I think the XD45 Compact is actually a better shooter than the G30S. I've owned both but enjoyed the XD more in terms of actual shooting pleasure because it just felt better to shoot.

I'm probably gotta get flamed for what I'm about to say but I think the XD45 Compact is actually a better shooter than the G30S. I've owned both but enjoyed the XD more in terms of actual shooting pleasure because it just felt better to shoot.
I'll compare the two next time my nephew gets back to Ga. One thing I really like about the G30s is that it's comparable in size to my G19 which fits my hand pretty good and I'm pretty accurate with it. I still wanna get some trigger time on my nephews XD45 Compact before deciding though, I'd hate to go ahead and get the 30s and find out later I like the XD better.

Back
Top Bottom