• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you take and why

never leave your home
unless they're dragging your lifeless body out

the scenario was if you had to leave your home due to it being no longer a safe haven esque due to civil unrest, intruders or it was confiscated/foreclosed etc and you had to relocate

870, hands down. B/c it won't jam, 12 ga shells are all over the place, & it will feed you & protect you from whatever (at close range).

Yep, that is my choice.

Here's why.
In the hands of someone who knows a shotgun, it is the most underestimated and most versatile firearm you can own. With that shotgun, I would be able to use slugs for big game such as deer, boar, bear and alligator. The birdshot would ensure me bird, rabbit and small game. The shot shells can be cut to make "slugs" so you literally have long range firearm, close range game/defense firearm and it is more reliable and less likely to break down due to lack of maintenance.
The shotgun could hold up to 7rnds, it could be left with your wife as you go out for a stroll for proteciton and she can easily manipulate it compared to the AR. The 5.56 will kill a boar, deer but it will leave you out for smaller game if you miss your shot.
The shot shells are also used as "mines" for larger game by using them in a clandestive fashion, so you can leave them and when you hear a "boom", something just stepped on it and took a shot to it's torso.

Thats my pick and why

Yep, that is my choice.

Here's why.
In the hands of someone who knows a shotgun, it is the most underestimated and most versatile firearm you can own. With that shotgun, I would be able to use slugs for big game such as deer, boar, bear and alligator. The birdshot would ensure me bird, rabbit and small game. The shot shells can be cut to make "slugs" so you literally have long range firearm, close range game/defense firearm and it is more reliable and less likely to break down due to lack of maintenance.
The shotgun could hold up to 7rnds, it could be left with your wife as you go out for a stroll for proteciton and she can easily manipulate it compared to the AR. The 5.56 will kill a boar, deer but it will leave you out for smaller game if you miss your shot.
The shot shells are also used as "mines" for larger game by using them in a clandestive fashion, so you can leave them and when you hear a "boom", something just stepped on it and took a shot to it's torso.

Thats my pick and why

Good pick and it would be my choice as well. I do not need anymore ARs...... :). I like the idea of using a mine/booby trap. You can make a mini claymore using the shells.

Last edited:
I challenge the basic premise! Lol

My home is paid for. Even if it was not and the economy broke down that far I doubt anyone would be evicted as there would be no one to do it.

Ar15 would be my choice though in that situation due to:
Weight, range, capacity, speed of follow up shots and sheer availibility of spare parts in our nation.

I'm still killing the second guy... He is to close to me, my wife and our secret place. To many what ifs if I allow him to walk away.

Back
Top Bottom