• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you think is in the middle of a black hole?

That is because the event horizon is not a direct property of GR but an side effect because of the BH's escape velocity exceeding the SOL. Typical astrophysicist over-think. A "naked" visible singularity would need to have its gravity "switched off". Which... would be interesting to watch... from a very VERY far distance.

In order to be able to view an actual "live" singularity, you need something that is unaffected by gravity and maybe spacetime distortion (although that would provide quite a bit of information). Neutrinos perhaps?

But that's just it, you can't "switch off" the gravity of a singularity. The singularity IS gravity. So to speak. And using neutrinos would be an interesting way to go about it, but that creates it's own problems.

Which is why there is no such thing as a naked singularity. No mathematical gnashing of teeth required. The hard part is building a "neutrino telescope"...

Theoretically they have a small amount of mass/momentum. But because they are so non-interactive with anything else, its like they aren't there. Its debatable whether they are influenced by gravity or even spacetime curvature. We can't get enough of a glimpse of them to know if they lens or or not.

Last edited:
There is a theory (though I may have heard/understood it incorectly) that the universe as we know it got its beginning from an exploding black hole. That at one time the universe burnt itself out expanding and collapsed back into itself untill everything was cruahed back into the basic elements and exploded back out causing the big bang.

I think its a cool theory, and if true imagine how old the universe is and how many times before it may have been created and destroyed only to be created again
That theory is stupid.

My theory is; Nobody knows jack crap.

There is a great quote that goes as follows: "Everything we know about the universe is either false, or incomplete"

Last edited:
Which is why there is no such thing as a naked singularity. No mathematical gnashing of teeth required. The hard part is building a "neutrino telescope"...

Theoretically they have a small amount of mass/momentum. But because they are so non-interactive with anything else, its like they aren't there. Its debatable whether they are influenced by gravity or even spacetime curvature. We can't get enough of a glimpse of them to know if they lens or or not.
Yeah, I know they have underground telescopes with water looking for nuetrino interactions.

Aww yea, full nerd time. Let's think about this logically. A black hole is basically a huge amount of gravity. We know that gravity can do a great many things. Keep us firmly planted on the ground while walking, keep planets in their proper places....and do to space-time what Michael did to basketball goals; destroy. Figuratively, of course in our context. What if, inside a black hole, is a warping of space-time so intense that it takes you to another galaxy, place in time, etc. Unlikely, but it's not as ridiculous as it sounds. The fact is, we KNOW, or as close to know as we can, what happens once you cross the event horizon. Time travel.

Well, yes and no. Not time travel per se, Time just starts working differently.

Say, for instance, YOU were to jump into a black hole. Well, you'd die, of course, but more than that, you'd appear to be frozen in time to someone from the outside looking in. If you jumped in feet first, your feet would be moving FORWARD in time while the rest of your body would be moving at a normal pace. In essence, you'd become a string bean. Still dead, but a string bean nonetheless.

More spaghetti than string bean. First, nobody would see you once you pass the event horizon since it's the horizon at which events can be seen. Also, there's a theory that once you pass the EH, you would burn up to a crisp.

So, what do I think is in the middle of a black hole? Hard to say, because in all likelihood we'll never know, or if we do you and I will be long dead. So maybe a black hole is a white hole in another universe, creating and destroying. Unlikely too, of course, but still. The MOST likely thing to be in a black hole, at least according to modern science, is nothing. Yea, yea matter can't be created or destroyed, I get it. Fact is, black holes have laws of physics that don't apply to the rest of the universe. Anyway, done rambling. I love talking about this stuff :).

In a black hole, there is definitely something. Mass. And a LOT of it in a very small space.

What about the temperature inside the EH scorching hot because of the heat the particles generate or near absolute zero? I've heard it's about absolute zero because black holes themselves shed no radiaton because none can escape it. What do yall think?

Not really. At least not in the, "get in your time machine, select a date, push a button, and poof! there you are" sense. What happens is your relative rate of time changes, slows to a crawl, most likely, compared to other reference frames. So your clock would very nearly stop (but not completely), and the perception you would have is that everything else suddenly went into fast forward, but you were never "out" of time. Then you would die. lol

Also it doesn't take you to another universe, UNLESS, that universe is contained within that singularity point (because ST has gotten so twisted it has ballooned back to the infinite). If you could back out of this newly discovered universe (why not, since you survived the trip in), you would find yourself right back where you started. Perhaps the "Univeres" is a collection of nested BHs, a "Russian doll" of universi...
If you look at the context, you'll know I didn't mean time travel in that sense. Also, we don't know what's in it, so to say "it's not that," isn't reasonable either. I'm not saying it's any of these things, just spitballing possibilities. Anyway, time travel is easy....relatively. Go really fast, and you'll age more slowly than someone who isn't. That's the type of time travel I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom