• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you think is in the middle of a black hole?

mkdhotrod

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
145   4
Reaction score
Infinite density doesn't fit right with me, black holes will eventually evaporate into nothing and spew their matter everywhere, so something of infinite density cannot be, especially if the planck scale is true, so what do you think is there? Would it be more appropriate to call a black hole a dark star? Considering they act like stars and sometimes emit gamma ray bursts? I'm guessing all the matter gets compressed to almost planck density, then as the black hole gets larger, so does the dense matter in the middle, pushing the event horizon into larger and larger radius.

I'm simply just not smart enough for this conversation.

Same here...but I would like to think Handy Smurf is in there building a new universe.

vignette1_wikia_nocookie_net_smurfs_images_9_92_Handy_Comic_Bob3aef4a50b69e73ee8a5ee6bd749fc19.jpg

There is a theory (though I may have heard/understood it incorectly) that the universe as we know it got its beginning from an exploding black hole. That at one time the universe burnt itself out expanding and collapsed back into itself untill everything was cruahed back into the basic elements and exploded back out causing the big bang.

I think its a cool theory, and if true imagine how old the universe is and how many times before it may have been created and destroyed only to be created again

sure you are, just do a thought experiment, my brain cannot simply comprehend an infinitely dense object that would eventually evaporate into the vacuum of space.

I've actually wanted to learn some about Stephen Hawking's research but I just haven't gotten around to it (honestly). I'm definitely with you though. Infinite density doesn't fit right with me either. I think it may be more appropriate to call it a black star.

Back
Top Bottom