• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UGA vs LSU in the SEC Championship Game

Who wins the SEC in 2019?

• That's easy LSU...they are clearly the better team!

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Dawgs - they will surprise & outlast LSU!

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Don't know - a close game to the end. Toss up.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Doesn't matter - neither will be #1 at season end.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care - in for free Tacos only!

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah there was! Richt was a very, very, very, very, very good coach, in my opinion. He was rarely, and never consistently, great. I agreed with the narrative that he was too loyal to his assistants and too hesitant to make changes (cough...cough..Willie Martinez ).

Also though, I think Georgia fans were delusional in their expectations. And I’m a UGA fan.

10 wins a year, the occasional SEC title, and top 10 finishes are who UGA football has always historically been. They’ve never consistently contended for the Natty.

Hell, Vince and Wally had a lower winning % than Mark. It’s just that Mark happened to coincide with the Saban era, and everybody thought their team could replicate what he did at UA.

Mark did it right, was genuinely a good dude, and I love his exit quote:
‘Life is not about rings.....life is about people. Rings collect dust.’

That being said, I’m glad Kirbs is here. As long as he fires Coley tomorrow.
Richt was a very good coach and by all accounts a nice guy but nice guys don't win championships. Most of your truly successful coaches are a-holes.
58706032.jpg
Kirby seems to be somewhere in between but he needs to admit he's not an offensive guru and recruit some help on offense or he's doomed to the scrap heap of Ga head coaches.

Richt was a very good coach and by all accounts a nice guy but nice guys don't win championships. Most of your truly successful coaches are a-holes.View attachment 2392551 Kirby seems to be somewhere in between but he needs to admit he's not an offensive guru and recruit some help on offense or he's doomed to the scrap heap of Ga head coaches.
Unfortunately that’s true. The last one who seemed to be somewhat well-adjusted was Pete Carroll, and he looked the other way while some major dirt was going on.

C'mon man is that all you got?ROLL TIDE ROLL
Yep, to say the least LSU is a very good team and I'll say this I do like their coach too. Alabama is a very good team, but they were not there. Ga. beat Auburn, Auburn beat Alabama. Granted both teams Ga. and Alabama had key players hurt. That's the way it goes. That being said you can't have a tougher conference than the SEC, it's feared by all at any given game.

Man that UGA defense took it to em!!! Who was it that kept saying that?? Defense!!! Defense wins championships???? That defense gonna shut out that offense....

Man that UGA defense took it to em!!! Who was it that kept saying that?? Defense!!! Defense wins championships???? That defense gonna shut out that offense....

Uh, well yeah. UGA got beat. Now UGA joins the ranks of Alabama, Florida and Auburn in the SEC. All got beat by LSU. All any of those teams had to do was beat LSU....none did. LSU is the Champion of the SEC relegating all of those mentioned teams to a meaningless bowl game. Oh and don't tell me your team, "played them better". A loss is still a loss. Move on. All those teams mentioned can only look forward to next year..........

Back
Top Bottom