Thinking about getting a motorcycle.

I personally think you should start out on something like a 750 cruiser that'll be a little less quick to jump out from under you since it's your first bike. My first bike was 650 Yamaha back in 86. I tore the E Tn mtns up and learned allot about the do's and don't that you can only learn riding.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/mcy/3905413746.html
what do you guys think about this one? could there be something wrong because of the low price?

craigslist is super scetchy to buy bikes from. you will get alot of "well i dont have the title, its in the mail" and many other excuses. also scammers out the wazoo. loaded with stolen bikes as well. i would stick with the WoW store to buy one from personally.

if you do buy from a individual, find someone you know that rides (and you trust) to do a test drive on it to make sure its in working order.

Helmet -> how much is your head worth? Will a sport bike hurt your back....not as much as your butt. Find something that has a good feel to you as in balance and center of gravity. I road for a long time but after I lost too many friends and had kids I gave it up. My dad road into his 80's. He was a fanatic about BMW's. 850 boxer was my favorite. Enjoy and remember and ride like EVERYONE in car is out to kill you.

Oh and for a helmet, check out wiki helmets. Some nice designs. They are super lightweight, very cool and very comfortable. And the big plus with a Wiki, photo chromatic screens. Tinted in the sunlight and clear at night with having to swap screens.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and for a helmet, check out wiki helmets. Some nice designs. They are super lightweight, very cool and very comfortable. And the big plus with a Wiki, photo chromatic screens. Tinted in the sunlight and clear at night with having to swap screens. They are a sponsor for my buddies, Adrenaline Boyz, a local stunt team. I've seen those helmets take a beating and not crack.

Last edited:
buy a dirt bike you can pick one up Purdy cheep then ride like you stole it!! about day 365 think about what you might want to ride on the street.

Why a dirt bike??
Why a year??
................................................What you learn in the dirt will save your life on the street!!!

Back
Top Bottom