Thinking about getting a motorcycle.

Don't do it! It's expensive, addictive, and dangerous as heck! Assuming you know that already...

Suzuki SV650. It's between a cruiser and a sport bike. Loved mine!

I got mine at WOW. Prices were about as good as private sales and the selection is awesome.

You'll just have to price out insurance. Sport bikes have higher rates.

I took my MSF class at Honda in Roswell (or somewhere in that area).

Good luck!

The best Motorcycle Safety Foundation course location is Honda Training Center in Alpharetta. They have two dedicated courses and excellent trainers. If you've never ridden or are coming back to bikes, then you NEED this course. Besides, it gets you a 10% discount on insurance. The majority of fatalities on motorcycles are in order DUI, or inexperience related and many young riders killed on bike are not even licensed. If this is your first bike, go for a clean used bike, not too big, because you will eventually drop it and you really don't want to prang a new bike, especially with all the Tupperwear they put on them now. I always suggest a new rider start out on the dirt. You'll learn throttle and clutch control much better. The Honda Center also does dirt training. I've never purchased from WOW but I've had friends do so and no problems. Whatever you do, park the testosterone at home for a while. I don't know how old you are but impetuous youth has no place on two wheels.

TCARS - Take care and ride safely

Things sure have changed since I was a kid. Back then you bought a bike, found a hay field, and went for it...............no helmets, no safety gear, no training; it's how we rolled.

Go sport bike first while ur young if ur flipping back and forth then go cruiser later....GSXR or R6 but as jdgreenburg said "the gsxr is the assault rifle of bikes"

IMG_5803.JPGIMG_5812.jpg
07 Yamaha R6 and 07 Triumph ST 1050
I've ridden every kid of bike on the street you could think of, and I would suggest whatever you feel more comfortable with. I ride an R6 but also a Triumph ST 1050 sport tourer that rides great. My goal is to actually be able to pay cash for a Bagger Harley. Your 1st bike will never be your last. Catch my drift? Good luck on choice. BTW, HD stand for "hundred dollars". Every time my buddies get there Harleys serviced, it's at least a "hundred dollars". :)

Back
Top Bottom