Thinking about getting a motorcycle.

Red Dawn Gun & Pawn

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
6   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I know there is a lot of motorcycle riders here. I need some advise on my first bike. Which manufacturers do you prefer?
What dealer should I go with? How about insurance?

I am back and forth deciding on a sport bike or a cruiser. I was also looking at purchasing from WOW motorsports in Marietta. They look like they have a wide selection of used bikes.

I want to take a beginners class as well. What the best place to get proper instruction on how to ride.

Thanks!

Dont do it.... It's a horrible addiction. Once your hooked you'll end up owning mutiple sportbikes and cruisers, ask me how I know.....
Definitely take a class if you feel the need. As for WOW, while they have a great assortment of bikes the prices are HIGH for everything and they add in all kinds of fees...

Dont do it.... It's a horrible addiction. Once your hooked you'll end up owning mutiple sportbikes and cruisers, ask me how I know.....
Definitely take a class if you feel the need. As for WOW, while they have a great assortment of bikes the prices are HIGH for everything and they add in all kinds of fees...
I'm ready for the addiction! lol
Good to know on their prices...maybe I'll go to window shop.
any place you recommend? I was thinking about Craigslist but I know nothing about bikes so I could buy a lemon.

Find your local Harley dealer and check out their class schedule, it's the one thing I reccomend going to a Harley dealer for. If you dont have a bike yet they can supply a bike for you to learn on.

This.

You can't own just one bike. Thats like owning just one gun.

Good advice on the class, take one if you are a newb.

I'm ready for the addiction! lol
Good to know on their prices...maybe I'll go to window shop.
any place you recommend? I was thinking about Craigslist but I know nothing about bikes so I could buy a lemon.

Since they're local for you, go take a look and SIT ON EVERYTHING you might be interested in. Once you get a better idea of what your looking for do a little research, ask around on here and find a forum for whichever OEM/model your looking at.

Get a cruiser and learn to ride first before joining the ranks of the rice rocketeers. I wouldn't put allot of money in your first bike as you may spill it. Any later model jap bike should be good but like anything else, you get what you pay for. I've been riding for decades, I like to cruuuuuuuise.

Yep, I'm definitely going to take the course before I really ride. I read somewhere that people that don't where protective gear are called "squids"? I don't want to be called a squid lol. It seems the gear is a large investment. Don't want to look like a wannabe super racer but I guess a padded jacket, boots, gloves and helmet will suffice right?

- - - Updated - - -

does a sport bike make your back ache after riding?

Yep, I'm definitely going to take the course before I really ride. I read somewhere that people that don't where protective gear are called "squids"? I don't want to be called a squid lol. It seems the gear is a large investment. Don't want to look like a wannabe super racer but I guess a padded jacket, boots, gloves and helmet will suffice right?

leather/reinforced textile riding jacket, gloves, and a good full helmet are/where my minimums. you can get pants that look like jeans, but have kevlar sewn into them ass and knees. and no tennis shoes. pair of leather boots be fine, dont really need specific "riding boots" imo.

and before people say thats to much or argue about types of helmets, no, i wouldnt sacrifice my life in a motorcycle accident because its hot or it doesnt "look cool"

dont need full leathers unless you plan on going to the track.

Back
Top Bottom