Thinking about getting a motorcycle.

Yep, I'm definitely going to take the course before I really ride. I read somewhere that people that don't where protective gear are called "squids"? I don't want to be called a squid lol. It seems the gear is a large investment. Don't want to look like a wannabe super racer but I guess a padded jacket, boots, gloves and helmet will suffice right?

- - - Updated - - -

does a sport bike make your back ache after riding?

What if anything hurts after a ride varies for everyone. Squids tend to have more skin left after sliding across pavement.

Yep, I'm definitely going to take the course before I really ride. I read somewhere that people that don't where protective gear are called "squids"? I don't want to be called a squid lol. It seems the gear is a large investment. Don't want to look like a wannabe super racer but I guess a padded jacket, boots, gloves and helmet will suffice right?- - - Updated - - -does a sport bike make your back ache after riding?
Not unless you have some kind if problem. I had a Suzuki Bandit 1200 that was very comfortable. New 600s are extremely fast and may be more than a newby should tackle.Either way when you get it come on to Atlanta Drag Way and really become addicted!

Not unless you have some kind if problem. I had a Suzuki Bandit 1200 that was very comfortable. New 600s are extremely fast and may be more than a newby should tackle.Either way when you get it come on to Atlanta Drag Way and really become addicted!
Googled some videos and holy crap those guys fly :plane:

Yep, I'm definitely going to take the course before I really ride. I read somewhere that people that don't where protective gear are called "squids"? I don't want to be called a squid lol. It seems the gear is a large investment. Don't want to look like a wannabe super racer but I guess a padded jacket, boots, gloves and helmet will suffice right?

- - - Updated - - -

does a sport bike make your back ache after riding?

Been riding for 42 years. Strongly suggest you take the MSF. Honda offers a good one it's two days and they provide the bike. A very light easy to manage bike so you are not over whelmed. If you spend two day taking the motorcycle safety foundation course and it seems like something you will enjoy then buy a bike. Does a sportbike hurt your back ? Why yes it does. A cruiser is much more comfortable however a sportbike you are more on top of the suspension and the sportbike will communicate the riding experience more than a cruiser. There are also variations called upright bikes. These will give you a more comfortable ride with some of the similiar Riding characteristics of a sportier bike. I wear all my gear all the time. Not because it makes me look cool or fashionable because I have been to the emergency room too many times. The gear can save your life or at the very least your skin. Dress for the crash not he ride. And wow bikes are extremely over priced. as previousely said its a great place to see what feels comfortable or right. If you get a bike start small with something you can manage, preferably used cause you are going to drop it a few times. Then once comfortable you can get a more powerfull bike and sale the training bike for maybe two or three hundred less than you have in it. Good luck and hope to ride with you one day.

Last edited:
Nothing like it. Two kinds of riders. Those that have been down and those that going down. Be careful.

Been riding for 42 years. Strongly suggest you take the MSF. Honda offers a good one it's two days and they provide the bike. A very light easy to manage bike so you are not over whelmed. If you spend two day taking the motorcycle safety foundation course and it seems like something you will enjoy then buy a bike. Does a sportbike hurt your back ? Why yes it does. A cruiser is much more comfortable however a sportbike you are more on top of the suspension and the sportbike will communicate the riding experience more than a cruiser. There are also variations called upright bikes. These will give you a more comfortable ride with some of the similiar Riding characteristics of a sportier bike. I wear all my gear all the time. Not because it makes me look cool or fashionable because I have been to the emergency room too many times. The gear can save your life or at the very least your skin. Dress for the crash not he ride. And wow bikes are extremely over priced. as previousely said its a great place to see what feels comfortable or right. If you get a bike start small with something you can manage, preferably used cause you are going to drop it a few times. Then once comfortable you can get a more powerfull bike and sale the training bike for maybe two or three hundred less than you have in it. Good luck and hope to ride with you one day.
Thanks buddy, good advise!

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing like it. Two kinds of riders. Those that have been down and those that going down. Be careful.
yeah, I just want to feel the freedom that riders I know tell me about. I can't wait.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372619267.974903.jpg
Bout to go for a quick spin.
Go to wow and sit on a couple until you feel the most comfortable, then go shop around. Bad time to buy, but there is nothing like it.

Back
Top Bottom