Thinking about getting a motorcycle.

http://www.dds.ga.gov/motorcycle/gmsp/basicridercourse.aspx
Completion of course awards you a card that is taken directly to GaDMV to obtain Motorcycle Endorsement without any futher testing!!! also doubles for Insurance discount

As far as bike size.I will leave that to you. although the craving for Bigger never stopped 250cc>600>750>800 in no time at all.Wish I just purchased an 1100 from the gate.. And other riders prewarned me but I failed to heed.

Be safe!!

Thanks buddy, good advise!

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, I just want to feel the freedom that riders I know tell me about. I can't wait.

Dbodt is 100% right. I learned on a Rebel 250 then bought a Nighthawk 750. Right now im on a 919 Hornet. Just a suggestion, take the course then get something like the Nighthawk. Any mistakes made in throttle input wont be as severe because its carbed. Just keep in mind when riding youve got to watch what everyone else is doing in addition to what your doing.

Heck yeah man. For what it's worth I used to own a gsxr 1000 that was a beast. Had too many upgrades done to it too list. Was a real head turner at bike week. Then I bought a cruiser my friend had on the cheap. After riding the cruiser once I sold the crotch rocket and have never thought about it again. Cruisers are very enjoyable(and some still have PLENTY of get up and go) and you can ride farther then an hour without getting uncomfortable.

I am new to riding also. I opted to pick up a cheap jap bike to learn on. I found an '82 Yamaha Maxim 650 for $570. It needed a little work to get running, but after a carb clean and sync, it is running like a champ. It came with crash bars.

Next step will be a newer bike next season.

Off season sales are cheaper. A lot of people don't ride when the weather gets cold so you end up getting a better deal.
Don't let that deter you from buying a bike, there are deals everywhere. I actually have a 96 Kawasaki ZX9 for sale. Low miles great condition, pm for price. I'll will give it to you for a steal.

Back
Top Bottom