Thinking about getting a motorcycle.

I have a Z1000 listed :-P

Seriously though... Don't do it.
I got one as a "cheaper" way to get around and be "economical".
Now I find myself riding for no reason. Ride to my vacation, the vacation happens to be riding around the mountains, then ride back... It's addictive.
Definitely enjoyable and worth every minute though. Ohh yeah, you will not be able to own one bike. It's exactly like the gun community, you will meet nice friendly people. People are slightly more hesitant on letting others try their bike though.
Don't get a super sport, unless you're going to track it, drag it. A standard/sport bike is plenty powerful for the street. A cruiser is what you get later on in life when you travel.

I love my Honda Shadow ACE VT1100......smooth ride.....I agree they are addictive, but I only ride cruisers....I don't need to go 110 mph everywhere I go....LOL

You asked for OPINIONS....
1) DEFINITELY take the class.
2) Don't buy new.
3) Get a used metric cruiser.
4) Have fun, but be 10 times safer than you think you need to be.

^^^This^^^Especially #1. Now for #3, doesnt always mean foreign. I ride a Victory which are US made metric cruisers. Love mine!

do not fall for buying the beginners bike, if you look on craigslist you will see a bunch of sporters cheap with very low mileage. this is because people buy them thinking they will be a good starter bike and then 6 months down the road they realize that they can ride bigger.After learning buy the bike you want to ride is my advice and as long as it has 2 wheels and gets ya down the road its a good bike.

Been through a ton of bikes over my many years up till six month ago I had and have ridden Ultra Classic's done a ton of road trips..Due to health and a life flight had to sell mine 09 Peace Officer addition..God I miss riding..I am in Gods Country and live in the Mountains what better place to ride!! Good Luck with your adventure. DD

I have a bike on here for sale an 89 r6 in good shape runs great my first bike 1000$ and it's yours won't find a deal this good at wow. Ps reason for selling found a rifle I want more than the bike 404 326 8305 if interested good luck !

Back
Top Bottom