• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Think before you bubba

I hate to see anything "butchered" and called customized, when the old things are gone, that's it, their gone. But that's just me, see a model "T" turned into a street rod breaks my heart there's no new ones being made. That said, it's your property, do as you may. JMO

Wow, how old are you???

This is a really well written and balanced post by the OP.

It's refreshing when someone has an intelligent argument to make but at the same time they understand that other folks may have a different opinion. The OP has stated his position clearly and just wants the reader to think and understand before they do 'whatever they want to do' to their gun.

Spot on post.

and

rlv.zcache.com_mosin_nagant_got_tula_tshirt_p235858187371507306zvvni_400.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v112_cruzie27_AK_20family_posters_comrade.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v112_cruzie27_AK_20family_posters_Russian2.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v488_derek45_funny_tactical8vw.jpg

oi34.tinypic.com_sv30i8.jpg

This! nothing makes me sicker then seeing a SWEET ak decked out with tapco crap. Makes my stomach hurt.

OK, let me see if I get this straight...
If everyone keeps all the cheap mass produced and plentiful mil-surp weapons in original and pristine condition, then they stay cheap and plentiful...
BUT if most of them are butchered and bubba'ed then the remaining "pristine" weapons become much more valuable and collectable...

Seems to me you would be glad to see the ones that are "butchered" because that means the ones you "collect" would be more valuable with each "butchered" one you see.

By this same chain of thought then every time a Remington 700 is outfitted with a McMillan stock and a Night Hawk scope they would be "butchered" because that is not the way they came from the factory.

Flame on!!

cool with me as long as all original parts included and can be reverted as with the 700 i presume, but if theres a market for $300 sporterized mosins I will get to work. may even add cool looking hi cap mag permantly affixed and nonfunctional and thread the barrels for ar type muzzle devices

OK, let me see if I get this straight...
If everyone keeps all the cheap mass produced and plentiful mil-surp weapons in original and pristine condition, then they stay cheap and plentiful...
BUT if most of them are butchered and bubba'ed then the remaining "pristine" weapons become much more valuable and collectable...

Seems to me you would be glad to see the ones that are "butchered" because that means the ones you "collect" would be more valuable with each "butchered" one you see.

By this same chain of thought then every time a Remington 700 is outfitted with a McMillan stock and a Night Hawk scope they would be "butchered" because that is not the way they came from the factory.

Flame on!!

Missed it by more than a mile.

Back
Top Bottom