• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Purposed Ammo Ban?

You got it.... That's why we need throw there sorry a$$es out at the next election.

Yeah, your other option is one that proposed and passed his own assault weapons ban in MA, and said such guns were not meant for civilians. Yep, vote him in, that'll help.

Yeah, your other option is one that proposed and passed his own assault weapons ban in MA, and said such guns were not meant for civilians. Yep, vote him in, that'll help.

We're screwed either way when it comes to our gun rights after this coming election. Obama has the anti-gun democrats pushing him to do something now and Romney, as HGUNHNTR posted, has already stated openly he does not agree with us having "certain types" of weapons.

I'm assuming it's going to be a bleak future for gun owners for the next few years.

We're screwed either way when it comes to our gun rights after this coming election. Obama has the anti-gun democrats pushing him to do something now and Romney, as HGUNHNTR posted, has already stated openly he does not agree with us having "certain types" of weapons.

I'm assuming it's going to be a bleak future for gun owners for the next few years.
Regardless of who wins, I don't think our rights will be affected. There are more pressing issues that garner more bi-partisan support.

Regardless of who wins, I don't think our rights will be affected. There are more pressing issues that garner more bi-partisan support.

That is true. There are more pressing issues to tend to, but, Congress won't pull their heads out of their butts long enough to do anything about it. They've had (8) years and (2) different parties controlling the majority and nothing has been done yet.

What I suspect is that they'll use the gun issue as a temporary distraction. They'll get the people whipped up into a frenzy over guns and have them forget about all the other stuff going on (economy, Afghanistan, unemployment etc.) then pass anti-gun laws in order to appease the masses. All the while, still nothing will be done about the real problems.

What I suspect is that they'll use the gun issue as a temporary distraction. They'll get the people whipped up into a frenzy over guns and have them forget about all the other stuff going on (economy, Afghanistan, unemployment etc.) then pass anti-gun laws in order to appease the masses. All the while, still nothing will be done about the real problems.

Great point.

The other possibility is that 2A rights will be used as a bargaining chip. Lets say the Republicans want to push through some changes for healthcare. The Democrats might agree to those changes if they get to include a gun control amendment.

Personally, I'd be shocked if high cap mags survive the next 4 years. Many conservatives either don't care about them or would also like to see them banned. Liberals would get some great headlines for banning them.

Great point.

The other possibility is that 2A rights will be used as a bargaining chip. Lets say the Republicans want to push through some changes for healthcare. The Democrats might agree to those changes if they get to include a gun control amendment.

Personally, I'd be shocked if high cap mags survive the next 4 years. Many conservatives either don't care about them or would also like to see them banned. Liberals would get some great headlines for banning them.

I think you mean "standard capacity" vs. "reduced capacity". I don't mean to be a dick, but there is no excuse for gun rights advocates to propogate anti-gun rights rhetoric. Unfortunately it seems like "hi cap" has infected our community pretty thoroughly.

Back
Top Bottom