• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Purposed Ammo Ban?

Well don't lump them all into the same group. There are good people in both states fighting the good fight. I used to work in a gun shop in West Trenton NJ. The folks that jumped through all of the legal hoops to hunt and legally own guns had to be the most hardcore firearms enthusiasts and hunters I have ever met, bar none. You wouldn't believe what these people go through to exercise their "rights".

I agree, I have some facebook friends that shoot in both states (and CA as well) and it's a hassle for them, but they do what they have to to shoot and enjoy the sport, same as us (we are just lucky not to have to go through that crap). Also, not all liberals are anti-gun and not all conservatives are pro-gun. :)

Which government people? US Congress people? Senators? Anyway, they are far from stupid. They care more about re-election and pleasing their individual contituent bases than about reality though. This is their job, and if keeping their job means pandering to their uninformed voting base then that's what they'll do to stay employed. They are using terminology that evokes emotion in voters and helps them to forget about the reality of the ineffectiveness of what is actually being proposed. It is an incredibly smart way to tackle an issue where you can't win with logic or common sense...use fear. And it works. The lesson: Don't feed the fear with repeating Anti Gun propoganda.

Well, if they want to pleased people, atleast make sense and not come up with laws that just waste money and pointless.

If a clean person wanted to kill mass people, all they need is to get a firearm license, then stock up on everything they need and go buck wild. Then they will have to come up with a new law.

Well, if they want to pleased people, atleast make sense and not come up with laws that just waste money and pointless.

I think you may have missed the point. The goal isn't to reduce crime, it's to get re-elected. It might only take verbal approval of a proposed ban, it might take drafting legislation, but the point is they are out to keep their jobs. Just look at the 180 Romney has done on gun laws since running for US Prez. He drafted and supported an "assault weapons ban" in MA when he was in office. He said those types of weapons had no place in the hands of everyday citizens. Now, he says they have magically become ok, and no new laws are neccesary. See how it works?

If a clean person wanted to kill mass people, all they need is to get a firearm license, then stock up on everything they need and go buck wild. Then they will have to come up with a new law.

Or the "clean person" could just go steal the stuff, or buy it blackmarket.....

IMO, back door gun control will be implemented by control of ammo, not by taking your guns. An empty gun is nothing more than a club. Politicians know that an outright assault on the 2nd Amendment would likely cause many to lose their jobs, but a large tax on ammo would just cause some grumbling. Many politicians realize increasing taxes is met with apathy by most since it doesn't seem like they can really do anything about it. If the price of ammo goes up significantly, it would have almost the same effect as limiting guns.

I think you may have missed the point. The goal isn't to reduce crime, it's to get re-elected. It might only take verbal approval of a proposed ban, it might take drafting legislation, but the point is they are out to keep their jobs. Just look at the 180 Romney has done on gun laws since running for US Prez. He drafted and supported an "assault weapons ban" in MA when he was in office. He said those types of weapons had no place in the hands of everyday citizens. Now, he says they have magically become ok, and no new laws are neccesary. See how it works?

Well must be stupid people who don't know common sense that would vote for them thinking "oh yeah this is going to prevent another batman shooting for sure! We like!".

Well must be stupid people who don't know common sense that would vote for them thinking "oh yeah this is going to prevent another batman shooting for sure! We like!".

I think you might be starting to get it. But substitute emotionalistic and misinformed for stupid.

Politicians will say and do whatever they need to so they get reelected. They will lie, cheat, and steal to do everything they can to make it happen. Trampling on your rights is that last of thier worries.

Back
Top Bottom