• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Students at Tech want to be armed! Poll at WSB Radio

I would, maybe, agree with training if it were free,but it ain`t.A cwl is already $76,so the whole deal discriminates against the poor,or those out of work,or on a small fixed income.Add training cost and a lotta folks can`t afford the license.

Don't even bother. I 100% agree with you and have pointed out how numerous states already require this and it hasn't turned into something outrageous but they won't listen. I personally would rather have a required safety course (too many retarded folks in our population) in exchange for more freedoms in where I carry, etc., but some people just can't grasp that concept. See my above post about the ridiculous slippery slope arguments I always hear.

Wasn't it NY or NJ that requires classes at a range but doesn't allow ranges ? I recall someone saying something like that.

training. put finger in trigger guard, pull trigger, gun go bang. MOST reasonable adults (if they decide to carry) take it upon themselves to learn how to operate the firearm.

Drivers Education doesn't teach you how to drive, you are expected to learn on your own, driver's ed helps teach you the rules of the road, not how to drive a stick shift.

I go to Georgia Tech (which as most of you may know is 2 seconds from the ghetto) The minute they let guns on campus I am moving up North. Do you realize that with guns on campus every crazy students who is pissed off about a test grade can go kill people?

middle of this argument on facebook

middle of this argument on facebook

That is retarded! Thats right I said it. students who are angry about a test grade have no legal ability gained to threaten a professor from students LEGALLY carrying on campus. The only gained freedoms are for the student to protect themselves, not harm other innocent people. This quote makes me want to punch a liberal fool.

That is retarded! Thats right I said it. students who are angry about a test grade have no legal ability gained to threaten a professor from students LEGALLY carrying on campus. The only gained freedoms are for the student to protect themselves, not harm other innocent people. This quote makes me want to punch a liberal fool.
I had already discussed that bans on carry wont deter crime, another kid said it was another punishment that a criminal would consider, I told him if he already considered robbery/rape/murder etc the gun crime was already superseded so when that quote came up this was my response

George if someone wants to kill you at Georgia Tech they aren't going to wait for guns to be allowed. But when that homicidal student comes onto campus, don't worry I'm sure duck and cover works :)

I'm a firm believer in good training. It just plain works and a well-rehearsed plan, scene or scenario that has been well trained will significantly improve the odds for success. However, for an individual right like the freedom of speech, bearing of arms or the right to vote etc. it is wrong and should be illegal to mandate it.

Many folks don’t realize the impact of setting precedence. Even with the best intentions a restriction has far ranging implications. When I applied for my first CCW permit it was $17.50 in the 1980’s. A required fee to exercise your right to bear arms, it really didn’t impact to me the importance of that little detail.

Upon return from overseas duty in 2000 to Georgia the CCW fee was a nominal $20-30. Now that fee is $75 and is cost prohibitive for those on a tight budget. Where is the limit to the amount that they can charge?

Do you have to pay a fee or take a class to vote? That freedom is perhaps the one with the most far reaching impact other than our freedom of speech. Food for thought and consideration.

Recently a smoking ban in Atlanta Parks is currently up for vote. I don’t smoke and I work in the health care field and advise against it. Outside in an open field paid and maintained for by the peoples taxes is now be considered by a panel vote for the parks to be off limits to smokers. Is this for second hand smoke inhalation? Or is it just another empowered person imposing their personal opinions/views on everyone else? What is next forced exercise and the banning of bacon? The precedence is being set to infringe on any freedom that a panel frowns upon.

As for the students at GT well what's next for them banning bacon in the chow hall?

Churchill said "That all it takes to lose freedom is for good men/women to remain silent". Our personal freedoms will be taken away in slow small incremental bites. History will repeat itself if we allow it to and remain ignorant.

Regarding the cameras, they'll only film the robberies and attacks.

Question- when was the last time you heard of any police agency stopping a crime either during commission, or before it happened? I'm not talking about catching the criminal a couple days later after he killed, raped, plundered, but preventing it from occuring in the first place. It almost never happens. The other day a couple cops caught a perv tkaing pictures up a girls dress. They weren't in the store of police duty. They were getting drinks. It was a freak occurance.

Point is, our protection is our responsibility. The police have no legal responsibility to protect the citizens.

To protect and serve..... ask yourself-to protect and serve who? what?

I'm not bagging on cops, but it's time to wake up to the use of police power.

I shot off fireworks on 7/4. I celebrated my independance by performing and illegal activity.

Recently a smoking ban in Atlanta Parks is currently up for vote. I don’t smoke and I work in the health care field and advise against it. Outside in an open field paid and maintained for by the peoples taxes is now be considered by a panel vote for the parks to be off limits to smokers. Is this for second hand smoke inhalation? Or is it just another empowered person imposing their personal opinions/views on everyone else? What is next forced exercise and the banning of bacon? The precedence is being set to infringe on any freedom that a panel frowns upon.

Off topic here but I heard after they banned smoking in Roswell Parks their comission was asked if they had actually received any complaints about smoking in parks and they admitted that no, they had not received one complaint. So it seems the gov't took it upon themselves to deem smoking in parks unacceptable per their ideals.

Back
Top Bottom