• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Students at Tech want to be armed! Poll at WSB Radio

I voted, they have these pull behind mini towers all over down here with cameras on them. I'm still not sure it will help the situation.

I agree... they should be able to carry if properly trained and have a carry license....

Watch yourself... I said one time that I didn't think it would be a bad idea to require a short safety briefing for first time gun buyers and people reacted like I was kicking down their door to take all of their guns.

I voted, they have these pull behind mini towers all over down here with cameras on them. I'm still not sure it will help the situation.

I don't think cameras will help... I'm pretty sure the people living around Techwood and that homless community (i.e. "park") right by campus don't care about the cameras.

I walked around that campus for several years, but it's been about 10 years ago. Even then I knew at least 11 people that had their car windows broken. Sometimes things were stolen, sometimes during the winter a person would break into the car, sleep there, take a crap on your seat in the morning and then leave. Seriously- same thing happened to two of my room mates one winter. They both had off campus parking permits (R08 or something if I'm remembering correctly).

Given the state of downtown Atlanta, you should get weapons training as part of freshman orientation.

It is no concern of mine if a college student is legally armed on campus other than the comfort that they are a force multiplier and strong deterrent to violent crime.

Those being disarmed is wholly another matter, that is in my mind illegal and those responsible for the disarming should be held liable for each and every crime of force. Their situation would change if those responsible were held as such.

The young men and women in college in general represent our best interest. An educated man/woman stripped of his/her rights is immoral.

I agree... they should be able to carry if properly trainer and have a carry license....

why should someone who is a grown ass adult be forced to be trained to exercise a right?

your not trained on how to vote, or practice religion, or say what you want

as for the topic at hand we should be allowed to carry on universities. i attend GA state and i would love to legally carry. i mean most of the fight is honestly being aware of your surroundings, it works about 95% of the time. the pistol is there in case the other 5% shows up for ya

Last edited:
On the news today they mentioned the cameras and patrols with GTPD and APD as their new campaign...what the public doesn't know is this "campaign" was already in place before the news bit they put on. The GT president called it a mistake to allow students to carry, BS!

Back
Top Bottom