• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Students at Tech want to be armed! Poll at WSB Radio

On the news today they mentioned the cameras and patrols with GTPD and APD as their new campaign...what the public doesn't know is this "campaign" was already in place before the news bit they put on. The GT president called it a mistake to allow students to carry, BS!

That man is a liberal, snobbish, arrogant, elitist, douchebag. It's a mistake to allow an honest citizen legal to carry 1 foot off campus but step on campus be illegal? Come on now just how f-ing retarded can you get and still feed yourself.

College is a 4 year commitment for most and longer for some at GT. They are our nation’s finest students that are selected by process and handpicked. The far majority will be 21 in their 3rd year. They have a lot to lose.

It's a mistake? Really? Based on what superstitions?

When does becoming a student of academia result in the loss of your personal rights and freedoms?

Last edited:
Watch yourself... I said one time that I didn't think it would be a bad idea to require a short safety briefing for first time gun buyers and people reacted like I was kicking down their door to take all of their guns.

You ain't lyin. I entertained the idea of people receiving training for carrying firearms (not owning...just carrying) and OP thought I was the antichrist.

Watch yourself... I said one time that I didn't think it would be a bad idea to require a short safety briefing for first time gun buyers and people reacted like I was kicking down their door to take all of their guns.

The issue is that laws can start a slippery slope. The more regulations there are for how/when/where to carry a gun there are, the wider the door is for regulations on gun ownership. So if you approve regulation for carrying, you essentially approve regulation of ownership. That's the jist of the argument as I see it. It depends on where you draw the line for "shall not be infringed". I certainly wish others would educate/discuss over ridicule/berate, but meh, it's America, you gotta have thick skin. Don't back down just because someone comes down on you for your opinion. IMO, both the fanatical right and left need to be beaten back a bit.

With the poll at 96% to in favor, I'm pretty sure it's already been hacked. I think linking is safe ;)
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/georgia-tech-students-make-push-guns-campus/nPpZc/

The issue is that laws can start a slippery slope. The more regulations there are for how/when/where to carry a gun there are, the wider the door is for regulations on gun ownership. So if you approve regulation for carrying, you essentially approve regulation of ownership. That's the jist of the argument as I see it.

I hate slippery slope arguments because that it was everyone always clings to in these ridiculous debates.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

It's an illogical fallacy "in that it ignores the possibility of middle ground and assumes a discrete transition from category A to category B."

I'm not about to start an argument with you or anyone else because my views are well documented in other threads, just drop the whole slippery slope BS. Maybe if we agreed to require a safety course we could get the other side to agree to let us carry in more places. You never know, sometimes compromise works...

I registered received an e-mail and then was refused access to post. Maybe a glitch? Or pro-gun feedback no longer desired. Anyone elses have issue?

^^^^ See what I mean lol

sorry, people tend to have a problem with giving the government more power over a constitutional right because it sounds like a "good idea"

no nanny state for me thank you very much

- - - Updated - - -

On the news today they mentioned the cameras and patrols with GTPD and APD as their new campaign...what the public doesn't know is this "campaign" was already in place before the news bit they put on. The GT president called it a mistake to allow students to carry, BS!
he doesnt have to worry about getting robbed living off campus, driving a nice car with privileged parking spots

sorry, people tend to have a problem with giving the government more power over a constitutional right because it sounds like a "good idea"

no nanny state for me thank you very much

- - - Updated - - -

You act like I actually WANT a nanny state... I'm just saying that the whole carrying guns on campus thing, especially for the students under 21 who can't even get a carry permit, isn't going to happen without some sort of concession on their part, such as the under 21 year olds taking a safety course or something. You can whine and ***** about constitutional rights all that you want, but the fact of the matter is that you can't get something for nothing, regardless of how much you rightfully (or think you rightfully) deserve it. You can react to the way things are and try to improve them or you can ***** about how they shouldn't be that way in the first place and accomplish nothing. Deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom